What temprature do you stay home

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunrise Guy

Sunrise Guy

Addicted to ArboristSite
I skied around Yellowstone, in the dead of winter. When we stopped at the cabin to pick up our skis at 6AM, the outside thermometer was reading -35F. I noticed some trees had some newly broken branches from a snow load as we skied by some buffalo. If I had my Stihl, and if it had fired up, I would have climbed on up and taken those puppies down.

I'm fine working at below-freezing temps, but in Austin, Texas, an extremely cold day is 25F, and that only happens once every ten years, or so. At 30F, I just throw on some ski pants, pull on a balaclava, add a ski jacket and I'm good to go. In no time, I'm too hot in the trees and shedding layers.

Raymond

Raymond

Addicted to ArboristSite
We usually (I say usually because I've been in tops of trees on the coldest days) stay home on anything under 15-20 degrees.
Phone uselly doesn't ring that much in the colder parts of winter. We blow it off till the next day when it's usually like 30 or better.

As far as the heat...MAN I love the heat. Girls run around in the least amount of clothes that the law will allow. :Eye: :Eye:

A good week of good hard sweat makes you feel like a million bucks by the end of the week.

Just keep a sweat towel over the shoulder and take shade breaks often. Man I think I'm getting turn on thinking about a 100+ degree day..LOL :crazy1:

SWEAT..It Does The Body Good. :love1:

Last edited:
summit583guy

summit583guy

ArboristSite Member
>>>>>>>>."Never, I love the cold and my equipment is designed to work in the cold. only girls cry about this""

Easy old goat, how's buisness going? are you working much lately? Ive been doing some pretty cool work lately, working with Bartlett, im on there NorthShore crew using the HOBBS and Good's rigging systems alot lately on big firs and cedars,(not sure if you have used one but it makes life so much easier to rig larger blocks and reduce the need for a crane as you can actually life spars with the goods up to 2 or 3 thousand pounds)

ChiHD

ChiHD

ArboristSite Operative
Better change 'location" bud

>>>>>>>>."Never, I love the cold and my equipment is designed to work in the cold. only girls cry about this""

Easy old goat, how's buisness going? are you working much lately? Ive been doing some pretty cool work lately, working with Bartlett, im on there NorthShore crew using the HOBBS and Good's rigging systems alot lately on big firs and cedars,(not sure if you have used one but it makes life so much easier to rig larger blocks and reduce the need for a crane as you can actually life spars with the goods up to 2 or 3 thousand pounds)

I actually invented my own rigging system and it is far superior to either of those two. It will be for sale by spring 2010 for under $10,000

Rickytree

Rickytree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Arborcare Hey that sounds good I'll buy that Write me down for 2. Coming soon Hydrogen powered backpack with full suspension seat and bag scratcher. Actually I have a meeting with Walmart and Homehardware in 1 weak. Later

Latest posts