What the heck is up with that....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED-85-Z51

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So Im reading along...and I see that Lakeside has a STAR under his name...instead of the 3 foot long string of multicolored lights.

I was not aware that we could get STARS.....

It is something that he has earned for all of the excellent information and help that he gives. You might get one in ten or fifteen years from now.

Well deserved.

For honest, helpful, and just a straight shooting guy. He deserves more. He has helped me a ton with info.:bowdown:

I don't agree with the rep sytem, some use it very childishly and rep each other like kids and neg rep people they don't like. Lake however deserves our praise, he is a very helpfull guy.

Do you ever wonder what would happen if the mods decided to pull the plug
on the "beg for rep threads", and all the rep that was a result of those threads??? hmmmmm ???

I don't agree with the rep sytem, some use it very childishly and rep each other like kids and neg rep people they don't like. Lake however deserves our praise, he is a very helpfull guy.

Yeah I think you are right; twice... Lake deserves thank yous from a whole bunch of people. Much of your rep wasn't earned; maybe you should give it all to SawWitch.

Yeah I think you are right; twice... Lake deserves thank yous from a whole bunch of people. Much of your rep wasn't earned; maybe you should give it all to SawWitch.

It ain't a popularity contest. I say what I think, so everyone can see it, I have never repped anyone, good or bad. Lake is one of the most helpfull people here, he ain't doing it for stars, he helps cause he is a good guy.

I could not have said it better myself! I don't proclaim to be any expert but I'm a heck of a lot wiser than I was a little over a year ago. Andy has probably been the biggest contributing factor even though I was more than likely a pest more than once. Although, he's helped contribute to my diminishing wallet also!;)

Lake is a fantastic human being.
He would doubtless provide help and guidance without the rep system.
I'm quite sure he DOES like the little boost rep provides.
He has certainly provided something you found useful.
You for reasons only you understand, you opt to rep no one.
Your method of providing positive feed back makes me visualize a muscle... a sphincter!
Have a GREAT day!

Last edited:
Lake is a fantastic human being.
He would doubtless provide help and guidance without the rep system.
I'm quite sure he DOES like the little boost rep provides.
He has certainly provided something you found useful.
You for reasons only you understand you opt to rep no one.
Your method of providing positive feed back makes me visualize a muscle... a sphincter!
Have a GREAT day!

Not very nice at all Lou, calling me that. But I won't neg rep you, I'll say it right here. I figure saying "thank you" means more. Or in your case, what a tool, is better than repping.

I don't agree with the rep system, some use it very childishly and rep each other like kids and neg rep people they don't like. Lake however deserves our praise, he is a very helpfull guy.

I agree 100%.
Even when the first beg for rep started, I asked one of the mods if they could stop it. He thought it would fizzle out soon because of the rep system not being able to send rep after having to wait for so long to send more.
It really has become a joke...
But, yeah, no doubt, Lakeside contributes a tremendous amount of quality to this site.

Whats a rep?

Jeez guys, I'm new here and I have no idea what your talking about with all this rep stuff. I know that I'm missing something and if you would be so kind as to fill me in I'd appreciate it. I have been on line since ol Al Gore invented the internets, but I have never been much of a forum reader or writer until I built a cedar strip kayak a couple years ago. I found a site that had a bulletin board and I have been there a lot, but there is no such thing as a rep. I have very much enjoyed this board and have learned a lot, but evidently have a lot MORE to learn. JR

It ain't a popularity contest. I say what I think, so everyone can see it, I have never repped anyone, good or bad. Lake is one of the most helpfull people here, he ain't doing it for stars, he helps cause he is a good guy.

Hey clearance,
Why don't you give out rep ???
I don't give it out for just any reason either.
But I do believe we should give credit, where credit is due...
I look at it as a pat on the back.
Or an attaboy, keep up the good work.
Otherwise without any feedback one may wonder if it's even
worth it to post or not..

Know what I mean ???

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back