What The Heck?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't add much but just wanted to wish you the best of luck with your fight Andy.

I hope everything works out OK, after the time and effort and cost you've already incurred.

Well, I spent 2 hours on the phone today with 2 different county comissioners. :bang: Long story short, I'm screwed and they couldn't care less.
I told them of my concernes that the government shouldn't be in private industry. They both basicly said that they agree with me, BUT...
All it means when they say but, is to forget everything they just said, and they'll tell you where they really stand.
Oh well, I'm done whining about this. Life is a series of starting over, looks like it's time to start over again.

Andy

I haven't read all this thread, but I think I have captured the general flavor of the whole mess.

It seems like you are in a tough spot, and fighting city hall doesn't look too promising, either. You may wish to suggest a joint venture, where you put up certain assets and assume some liabilities that the county may not have considered. With just the right amount of elbowing, coercion, political intrigue, coupled with a few clever suggestions, you might get those inmates working for you at your pellet mill. Try to make it look like they will be better off using your talent and investment than they would be running over you.

Once you figure out who really stands to make money on the inmate labor, you will know who to talk to.

Back