What the Stihl dealer said

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know then Red and I don't know now, LOL.

Have ya'll got any time on a new 576 or ran any of the 575s at your elevation? If so, how did they run? I know Redmax doesn't make big saws but I wonder how their strats do at high elevations.....

Have ya'll got any time on a new 576 or ran any of the 575s at your elevation? If so, how did they run? I know Redmax doesn't make big saws but I wonder how their strats do at high elevations.....

575's a pig too, I don't see any need in spending good money on a 576. Don't know nothing about Redmax.

Andy

Ya'll just keep running those 372s and 460s.:D

I'm gonna run em till I can't find parts anymore.:)
You're the only one who has tried to come up with some kind of solution for the question I've asked in both threads, and I appreciate it. I just figured some of these Stihl techs might chime in with a solution. I guess they don't know, or maybe they do know that a 441 can't be made to run at altitude. Either way they ain't saying.

Yep, that 441 is one dam fine saw.:laugh:

Andy

Two tree services I know run the 575. One guy says it is his go to saw for day to day work. The other guy likes it because it doesn't run as hot as the 372 and runs smoother or so he says. Both running their saws above 6000ft everyday.

Last edited:
Awww your talking about EPA credits there. The 4-mix has made Stihl alot of EPA credits so they can keep putting out the dirtier running standard 2-stroker. Come 2010 there will be no more EPA credits. Others words if it doesn't run clean it won't be sold in the USA. This info I'm relaying to you comes from Stihl themselves so I'm certain its not speculation but fact. The new 181,211,362 and on down the line will all be strat charged saws like the 441. They will replace the older 180,210 and 361. The whole line up is changing to strat charged engines to meet EPA regulations for 2010. Even the little handheld blowers like the new 56 and 86 are strat charge as well as the new low end trimmers.
Out of interest, where will australia and the UK stand with this 2010 EPA crap?

Back