What to do at a GTG?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gink595

gink595

Addicted to ArboristSite
Here is something that I would like to see that I haven't at the other GTG's I've attended....Strippers, there is always a good time to be had when there are strippers:clap:

windthrown

windthrown

361 Junkie
This thing is turning into a company picnic morphed into a logging show... :dizzy: Were gonna have dealers demo saws, axe throwing events, speed cutting saw races, timber cutting expos, three legged races, a complete yarding pavillion, and a guy twisting up ballons too? May as well stay at home and drink beer with a few friends and talk about saws.

:givebeer::givebeer::givebeer:

Farley9n

Farley9n

ArboristSite Guru
How About......

Posting a few pictures of the area and of what there will be for the saws to feed on! I've met many of these posters before so I know that no matter what, we won't lack for food, nor be mistaken for a temperance meeting!
That being said.....:cheers:.....Bob

PS...I'd like to promote a Homelite 1100 gear drive race between ChowDozer and myself but you would have to extend the GTG a couple extra day if the wood got over 3 feet....:)

windthrown

windthrown

361 Junkie
drink beer

build fire drink beer

tell lies by fire drink beer

watch people break lawn chairs fall on there a$$ laugh and drink beer

Now see? That there is a great A+ plan. Oh, and add BBQ. BTW: here in the PNW, BBQ means the food, the apparatus for cooking the food, and the event itself. Not like in the rest of the world where BBQ usually only means the food.

Last edited:
Spotted Owl

Spotted Owl

ArboristSite Guru
Posting a few pictures of the area and of what there will be for the saws to feed on! I've met many of these posters before so I know that no matter what, we won't lack for food, nor be mistaken for a temperance meeting!
That being said.....:cheers:.....Bob

PS...I'd like to promote a Homelite 1100 gear drive race between ChowDozer and myself but you would have to extend the GTG a couple extra day if the wood got over 3 feet....:)

No pictures, don't know how. The wood is smaller than last year. It'll probably be set up a bit different also. There will probably be one or two chunks about 10' X 3'-4'. The rest ranges wide, from 8" to who knows.

This was just for ideas for thing to do should anyone have a want or need.

I'm all for standing by the fire and BSing with folks. However my boy has been working on his tape in preperation. As far as the one planned for the PNW I am going with what ever happens, happens, easy going, laid back have a good time.

Owl

Gologit

Gologit

Completely retired...life is good.
. AS Supporting Member.
No pictures, don't know how. The wood is smaller than last year. It'll probably be set up a bit different also. There will probably be one or two chunks about 10' X 3'-4'. The rest ranges wide, from 8" to who knows.

This was just for ideas for thing to do should anyone have a want or need.

I'm all for standing by the fire and BSing with folks. However my boy has been working on his tape in preperation. As far as the one planned for the PNW I am going with what ever happens, happens, easy going, laid back have a good time.

Owl

Sounds good to me. The way we did it at Bookerdog's seemed to work out real well. Real casual, no pressure, and besides, you get all your firewood cut for the next year or so.:)

If a couple of spur of the moment contests pop up, that's always fun too.

STLfirewood

STLfirewood

Addicted to ArboristSite
Sounds good to me. The way we did it at Bookerdog's seemed to work out real well. Real casual, no pressure, and besides, you get all your firewood cut for the next year or so.:)

If a couple of spur of the moment contests pop up, that's always fun too.

If you guys want to cut wood in perfect 16" pieces I'll have to host one here south of St. Louis. I'll bring in a couple loads(log truck and pup) of nice oak for you to cut. The we can have races with the super splitter. I would even supply the beer.

Scott

Gologit

Gologit

Completely retired...life is good.
. AS Supporting Member.
If you guys want to cut wood in perfect 16" pieces I'll have to host one here south of St. Louis. I'll bring in a couple loads(log truck and pup) of nice oak for you to cut. The we can have races with the super splitter. I would even supply the beer.

Scott

Supply airfare and lodging instead. It'll be cheaper than buying the beer for this crew.

Spotted Owl

Spotted Owl

ArboristSite Guru
I would even supply the beer.

Scott

Wow.

I have never heard that statement made to a bunch of timber workers before. That could be a statement that will come back to haunt you. I can think of three different crews that I have worked with, ya they didn't know what water was(not even shower time). One fella set out 6 cans(Oly/Hamms) every night, every couple hours he would wake up with the shakes so bad some nights he would fall out of bed. He would down one of the six and about 10 min later he would stop shaking and be back to sleep.

That my friend are some of the types you would supply beer for.

Brave statement.

Owl

bookerdog

bookerdog

The New Champ
Wow.

I have never heard that statement made to a bunch of timber workers before. That could be a statement that will come back to haunt you. I can think of three different crews that I have worked with, ya they didn't know what water was(not even shower time). One fella set out 6 cans(Oly/Hamms) every night, every couple hours he would wake up with the shakes so bad some nights he would fall out of bed. He would down one of the six and about 10 min later he would stop shaking and be back to sleep.

That my friend are some of the types you would supply beer for.

Brave statement.

Owl

You are so right about beer being water to some of the crews. I could swear the nightly bath was old english 800