What trimmer are you running?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alderman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I've got the C-35 set with a blade for brush and running string on the T272X, BP-35, and the latest addition C-350.

I've been running the C-350 the most lately as it is the newest "toy". If I'm into a big job, the BP-35 is nice as once its started and on my back, the cutting shaft is very light.

Plenty of power in any of these for the jungle growth in the rain forest.

I have been running an FS45 at home for quite a while. I just picked up an FS90 2 weeks ago for work and I really like it so far.

I've got the C-35 set with a blade for brush and running string on the T272X, BP-35, and the latest addition C-350.

I've been running the C-350 the most lately as it is the newest "toy". If I'm into a big job, the BP-35 is nice as once its started and on my back, the cutting shaft is very light.

Plenty of power in any of these for the jungle growth in the rain forest.

I'm currently using a TBC-2501 (Tanaka) and a 25cc Homelite for yard and buildings.

The 2501 cuts better then the FS-110 I had, but I'm going to look for something larger. Maybe some goats...the darn hillsides are like mowing hay as it is waist high.

You got any shindiawa recommendations?

Currently running an Echo SRM210.... I think a T242x Shindaiwa is in my future though.....

Husky 32L 32cc rebranded Crapsman/Poulan. It runs and cuts good and has a straight shaft so I deal with it being an inboard start. Also have an older Mac 2500 Titan curved shaft that runs pretty good, it has an outboard starter.

stihl fs 250

wayyyyy powerful, i bought becuase i can swap gear heads and it can become a broom, mini tiller, edger and ect.

more power iirc then the kombi units and cheaper

it is usually wearing trim line, but I have a blade I use for the heavy stuff, it will take a 2 inch sapling quick, and I have done thicker.

It is a bit heavy, and the vibration can get to you after a bit, but it gets the job done, and I am only using it a for a 30 minutes a weekend on average, and a good 1-2 hours every other weekend, depending on the growth in the back yard.

I recently purchased a Shindiawa 242X and have no regrets. Starts almost by looking at it, is light, very powerful and responsive, yet does not have excessive vibrations. The tap mechanism is great and you will never curse when you run out of line due to the simple and quick re-spooling of line . Just my opinion.

Jay

Shindaiwa T2510X for me. Smooth, powerfull for it's size. Haven't used the blade yet though. Sounds kinda like my CRF 450R with the "Big Gun" silencer!
:cheers:
Paul

FS75 here. I grew up using the cheapy Ryan rebuilds and have never gotten used to a straight shaft. So the FS75 was the last of the pro curved shaft trimmers. I got mine a couple years ago from my dealer owner. He has supposedly used it, but it looked like new.

KM90R. The thing is truly awesome. It starts on the 1st or 2nd pull. You cannot smell the exhaust. It has great power. It is very smooth....WELL WORTH THE MONEY.....

Mine will eventually get the pole saw attachment and the cultivator attachment.

I have an Echo GT2000 that I picked up at a garage sale because the owner couldn't start it. New fuel lines and fresh fuel and it runs like a champ.
I have used a Shindaiwa C350 and the weeds ran in terror. It was beast but definitely more than needed for everyday trimming.

age ole olympyk 220. straight shaft, cant tell ya the cc's--but with 130 line, which is what its uses--you can dang near chop down trees!!!! 37 years old,1 carb kit, just had to finally put in a new fuel line. 1 new plug in that time--thats what you call value !!!!!

Latest posts

Back