What was your first ride?? --Just for Fun

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1972 Vega Station Wagon/ Hatchback /Kammback, ha....the Cheech and Chong mobile, those were the days.
:rockn::cheers::rockn:

I swear it looked just about like this...

attachment.php

Last edited:
My first was a '72 Chevy Nova, my Dad helped me stuff a 396 and a 3 speed into it, I thought I was king of the hill at the time.

1983 4 door Brown Chevette that my father bought (with my savings) for a mere 200 bucks after looking at a 66 chevelle with a 396 the weekend before....I was pissed to say the least.

an old hopped up Alice Chalmers WD-45

thing would shoot blue flames over two feet out of the stack.....it was a monster....now it just sits because Dad got a Bobcat. Great tractor......drove it when I was 5 years old and loved it. It was my hay raking machine. Dad still hasn't told me what he did to it.

79 cutlass with a big block 455. It was a 1 owner my dad bought new in 78, from the factory it was a 260 car. We swaped the big block when i was 15. Man i miss that car never should have never sold it.:cry:

My first ride was a 1950 Ford F-1 short bed with a flat head V-8. Grandpa taught me how to drive it when I was 12. We would go out the woods and he would hand the controls over to me. I didn't actually own it, but if I could scrounge together two bucks for gas I could use it whenever I wanted to. He passed away in 1975, and the truck sat in his garage for 15 years until the house was sold. Everyone knew that I really wanted that old truck, but the guy who bought the house said that he would only buy the house if the truck went with the deal,,,,,,,,so I didn't get my favorite vehicle in the end,,,,sigh!

1992 Ford Ranger STX 4wd reg cab shortbed with a 4.0L V6 and 5spd and bucket seats. Bought it brand new when I was 17. My dad took out a loan for about 2/3 of it for me and I paid it off. I was looking for a used one and every one I found, they wanted close to what I paid for a new one.

1972 Pinto, that hatchback and fold down rear seat came in handy on several nights. It had a 2.0 4 holer, automatic, and air.

Yeah because those were chick magnets:rolleyes: Who you trying to kid?

J/K Heh, got lucky in 1 once too.....but it was hers.

Chevy's Rock!

'74 Nova. Blue with a 350/ turbo 350 combo. Still have it :)

Your Chev is awesome man, I love those cars!My buddy had one it was great

First car for me was a 1965 Chevy Impala Super Sport 283,two door,green exterior,white interior with bucket seats and automatic on the floor.I killed it!
Lawrence

My first was a 5 window 49 Chevy pickup that I used feeding the livestock.
If I drove to fast tough our field the springs in the seat would bounce my head on the ceiling of the cab. I don't miss the vacuum actuated wipers at all!

When I was 17 I took my pennies a bought a '70 1/2 Split bumper RS Camaro. Think I paid $1800 in 1979. Among the early improvements I added an oil gauge, only to have ruptured the sender line blow the op and semi toast the motor. Good though, went and bought a 4-bolt short block, 202 heads, Some sort of TRW 3/4 duration cam, Holley 650 dp., Headmans with a nice full dual exhaust and crossover. Built a nice little LT-1 wanna-be. Better heads, likely less compression. Car cammed out at idle, sounded bad-good. My parents thought it just sounded bad, and I did not let on what was under there. Got rid of it after HS for a short lived dead-head era in a 66 vw squareback. Found my way back to my redneck roots, but can't even afford the car I drove in HS. as a toy anyway ($20k?)

Back