What was your first ride?? --Just for Fun

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 1980 (81?) Honda Aero 50cc. A buck's worth of gas got me to work all week in the city and I could park it anywhere.

86Aero50.jpg

Sold it to my brother who raced 1/4 mile drag cars. Apparently all the drivers have these things at the track to go from here to there and back. Years later, when I went to see him on my Honda 750K, he still had the thing and I took it for a short spin in front of his house and nearly killed myself. I was used to a standard length wheel base and that little scooter turns like a go-cart on crack. Couldn't believe I used to drive that thing in downtown Montreal.

87 f-250 extended cab 4x4... 460, 4 speed and an 8 foot bed... not exactly the best truck for a 17 year old kid, but if was a lotta fun..

I was different, I bought a Studebaker......

1949 Studebaker 2R5 pickup when I was 15. Bought it for $75 and splurged to buy 2 recap snow tires for the rear for $25. Finally sold it in 1979 for $550 to a fellow outside of Pittsburgh. I talked to him several years ago and he fully restored the truck and sold it to a friend who owns a body shop. It had the 170 CID Champion flathead six and no O/D.

Started my life long love affair with Studebakers. I currently have 5 horse drawns and about a dozen motorized including a '62 GT Hawk, '62 4x4 and '64 Avanti.

i found it

attachment.php

my crane would dead lift taht red oak log. i actually had that one and another 6"x10' log rigged up when i loaded them. i mis that truck

WOW, I can't believe how young all of you are. My first vehicle was a 55 Intenational R120 flat bed, then a 58 MGA coupe. I bought the 55 when I was 15 for $50. Didn't bother telling any one about it till the title came in the mail. When I was 16 I bought a 65 Dart GT 273 V8, 4spd. White with a blue bucket seat interior. Since then I've been hooked on Dodge and Plymouth muscle cars. Now I'm restoring a 68 Cuda convertible with 383, 4spd.
scan-1.jpg

scan0015-1.jpg

scan0016.jpg
scan0002-2.jpg

scan0012.jpg

The little 2 tone red and black car is a 58 English Ford Zodiac. I traded it to my Uncle back in the 80's and he just gave it back to me. I brought it home a couple months ago and I'm planning on putting a 56 De Soto 330 Hemi in it, Joe.

WOW, I can't believe how young all of you are. My first vehicle was a 55 Intenational R120 flat bed, then a 58 MGA coupe. I bought the 55 when I was 15 for $50. Didn't bother telling any one about it till the title came in the mail. When I was 16 I bought a 65 Dart GT 273 V8, 4spd. White with a blue bucket seat interior. Since then I've been hooked on Dodge and Plymouth muscle cars. Now I'm restoring a 68 Cuda convertible with 383, 4spd.
scan-1.jpg

scan0015-1.jpg

scan0016.jpg

scan0002-2.jpg

scan0012.jpg

The little 2 tone red and black car is a 58 English Ford Zodiac. I traded it to my Uncle back in the 80's and he just gave it back to me. I brought it home a couple months ago and I'm planning on putting a 56 De Soto 330 Hemi in it, Joe.

Wow had not seen one of those english Fords for a long time. My Dad had a 1961 bright red Consul, which replaced a '55 Chev 210 sedan; it was a four cylinder version of that body style, the Zodiacs and Zephyrs had 6 cylinders. Was not a very durable car in Alberta winters etc, but it did always start. Traded for a 1965 Chevelle Malibu which was bought from Don Wheaton Chev Olds Cadillac which still is in business on Whyte Ave after all these years. (he wanted a BelAir but Mum saw the Malibu on the showroom floor and said that was the car she wanted).

Like the att except it was left hand drive for the North American market. Not sure if these were sold in the USA as the Falcon was a very popular car by 1961. I think it was an anglophile thing to have an English car back then, even if most of them were crap. Sure did not win many drag races with 0-60 times of 23.2 secs and a top speed just shy of 80mph according to web searches. My mother used to curse it when trying to get started after stopping on the hills in the river valley. The Malibu with Powerglide solved that!

http://www.canadiandriver.com/2007/11/16/motoring-memories-ford-consul-ii-1956-1961.htm

Last edited:
first ride...

First ride was a 1967 Volkswagon beetle. Removed the bumpers, replaced with nerf bars, bought California wheels, tinted the windows. Then replaced the older/smaller engine with a 1971 Superbeetle motor, and Monza headers. It would do 100mph -- but it was hairy and scary at that speed! Wish I had a picture, don't think I ever took one. :buttkick:

Mine was a jet black '74 Grand Prix with a stock 400. Man, she was a screamer. Never had the guts to top end it. :clap: :clap:

71 Rally nova, Four speed stick. My first rides were motorcycles. First one was a 65 or 66 150 honda. But the nova was my first car.

attachment.php

Nice, wish I had pics of mine, but hell no, I got memories,(and their gettin fuzzy.)

Latest posts

Back