What was your first ride?? --Just for Fun

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dream car was a mismatched 69 camaro ss red, with black stipes. What I got was a 92 VW GTI 8V 4 banger. Wrecked it 6 months later, circumstances unknown....

1965 BSA Lightning Rocket

My first ride was a 650 BSA "Lightning Rocket" I was just 16 and somehow convinced my mother to buy me one. What a spoiled child I was, but I had a blast on that new Beezer. Drive it to Florida (1200 miles). Wish I still had it today. I've got three bikes now but would add a fourth in a heartbeat if I could find a cherry one.

My first ride was a 650 BSA "Lightning Rocket" I was just 16 and somehow convinced my mother to buy me one. What a spoiled child I was, but I had a blast on that new Beezer. Drive it to Florida (1200 miles). Wish I still had it today. I've got three bikes now but would add a fourth in a heartbeat if I could find a cherry one.

I'll never ever forget my first street bike ride. My dad let me rip a honda nighthawk around the neighborhood. I almost crashed it too, the turn tried to suck me into the wall, and i went for it....

I went to the army over seas i too had the parent sigs so I went when I was 17, and HD was kind enough to sell me a softail custom at cost as long as I tokk delivery in US, and signed a paper promising not to sell it for 2 years, when I took delivery of that bike, 2 weeks back in country, like the first time I had sex, only EVERYONE WAS WATCHING. Wild describes it best.

Last edited:
1st was a 55 Chevy 327/365 4 spd(out of a vette).
3rd 66 Pontiac Catalina 2+2. 421 with 3-2bl carbs 4 spd(stock)
They were both FAST. Gas was 19.9 cents per gallon.
I own a 73 Rivera Boat tail 455 restored and a 64.5 Mustang builder now.
Mark

'66 AMC Rambler, 3 on the tree, slant six. Motor so darn quite and smooth I would inevitably restart it far too often.
Beauty of the Rambler was the folding front bench seat that matched up perfectly w/ the rear seat...Rod's Rockin Rambler!

#### man, that had to be Fast

First ride........'55 Harley 125cc. Traded the next spring for a cool '57 Harley 165cc "Hummer".

First car.........'40 Chev coupe, from Gramma, built up a '57 GM truck 261" Inline six (bored to 3.875, makes 278"), McGurk flat tops, welded chambers, Crower 90F cam, Fenton headers, Edelbrock intake (three BC Rochesters), Mallory mag, etc. '55 Pontiac rear end w/4:56's, GM truck 3-sp trans. It ran 15.26 @ 88 mph at Woodburn dragstrip on Aug. 4, 1961. The NHRA national record for the class at that time was 89 mph, I was a happy kid! It won two track championships before being sold.

Favorite ride......1965 Triumph Bonneville, purchased in Feb. '67 with 1800 miles on it for $600. I installed a Sonny Routt big bore 790cc kit the next year, I sold it last year, to a friend and riding partner of 35 years, for $3500.

1966 Mustang it was signal flare red with black int and 289 4 SPEED with 9" rear 3.89 gear. use to drag race it some times .It ran 13.20 in 1/4..thats kinda slow for todays street cars

1966 Mustang it was signal flare red with black int and 289 4 SPEED with 9" rear 3.89 gear. use to drag race it some times .It ran 13.20 in 1/4..thats kinda slow for todays street cars

That's probably what my Maxima would do. 13 or 14 seconds. But the Mustang looks cooler... :)

NO WAY!!! I've always wanted a 3100 truck!! :blob2: That's awesome!

I bought it when I was twelve it was already painted but needed brakes and a rear end. Me and my dad worked on it, funny thing is I still have it and I have never tagged it it just sits in my shop beside my tractor.

This wasn't mine but my first ride was just like it.

honda-ca150.jpg

I bought it when I was twelve it was already painted but needed brakes and a rear end. Me and my dad worked on it, funny thing is I still have it and I have never tagged it it just sits in my shop beside my tractor.

Could I have it? :) That's make me as happy or happier than the day my pops and brother brought the cabby home the day before Christmas. What engine is in it?

Latest posts

Back