What would you buy?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mdavlee

mdavlee

Tree Freak
Some friends stopped by yesterday and they run the 576 and then 288. The 288 just flat out cuts and sounds great doing it. Don't forget one of them in the search for a 90cc saw.

Glen2504

Glen2504

ArboristSite Member
I live in Athens also. You can come by and cut with a 385 that Terry ported. I don't think you will want anything more. Its got a 32" full comp 3/8 and has an attitude.

And I just happen to have a stump of red oak 30+ and about 6 feet long.

That would be great. I never thought I would see someone on here so close to me.

eat a peach

eat a peach

ArboristSite Operative
Your crazy. Keep the 575 and run the hell out of it while trying to find a 372xp with the 75cc cylinder/piston. You will not need much more for anything else on the east coast. Not much competes with the 395xp. The dolmar 7900, husky 390 and stihl 660 are close but seem to lack something that is costly to correct.

You want exercise or work out look into a 3120. I haven’t started mine in over 3 years. It is like two cinderblocks with a handle but it will pull and oil a 50” cannon bar. Just staring the beast is probably enough of a workout to give most a heart attack.

I agree ,my 2101xp sits alot more than my 385xp or my 372xp. The 385xp has taken care or just about anything big I run across. My guys like the 372xp more because its lighter.

bryanr2

bryanr2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Some friends stopped by yesterday and they run the 576 and then 288. The 288 just flat out cuts and sounds great doing it. Don't forget one of them in the search for a 90cc saw.

Agreed. 288 delivers. I sent my 2095 down the road (and it was the scariest saw I have ever used) the 288 is just that good..... couldn't justify the wieght penalty of the 2095 and the scarcity of parts. I am a conditionalist- I would jump at the opportunity to buy another mint 288.:rock:

procarbine2k1

procarbine2k1

Addicted to ArboristSite
I would buy a used ported saw from the classifieds here. Seems like there has been some real dandies in the classifieds as of lately.

zogger

zogger

Tree Freak
Agreed. 288 delivers. I sent my 2095 down the road (and it was the scariest saw I have ever used) the 288 is just that good..... couldn't justify the wieght penalty of the 2095 and the scarcity of parts. I am a conditionalist- I would jump at the opportunity to buy another mint 288.:rock:

go on vacation. buy one, use it for a tank, get it dirty...send the PHO home, after tearing it down, in several packages as used replacement parts..

HUSQVARNA 288 XP® - Motosserras

OhioGregg

OhioGregg

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Like most of the responses here...I would go with a 385/390 or similar saw, unless you are working on some real BIG trees a lot. This is my muffler modded 385xp with a 30" bar. Took this Oak down the other day, that was right at 35" dia. Not a problem. Its about the biggest size tree that I get into. Works for me. :)

GTGwood006_zpsf385e7a3.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

Latest posts