What would you do in this situation?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the replies, I've received 2 more emails from him today telling me his father passed away last night! I've lost both of my parents and when it happened the last thing I would have been worried about was saw parts. You guys know me well enough to know that I'd bend over backwards to help any of you out if you were in a pinch but this guy is trying to scam me and I know it. I'm just going to tell him to pay up, and I will keep the emails he's sent me in case something stupid happens.

send him a condolance card and tell him that after he.s read it to screw it up into a tight roll then stuff it into the gas tank filler neck. that will keep him going until he's sold enough fire wood to sell and then he'll have plenty of money to buy his own ####ing fuel cap!!. amen.

A new form of kleptomania? I can't imagine telling whoppers for an oil cap. On the other hand, I can't imagine begging for something as inconsequential as an oil cap even if he's not lying. :confused:

Perhaps an odd study someone is doing for a psychology experiment?

A new form of kleptomania? I can't imagine telling whoppers for an oil cap. On the other hand, I can't imagine begging for something as inconsequential as an oil cap even if he's not lying. :confused:

Perhaps an odd study someone is doing for a psychology experiment?

No, seriously, some people get a kick out of seeing if they can screw with folks. He would probably be overjoyed seeing that you are troubled by it.

For him to set up an e-bay account, he would have to have a current credit card at least. Look at the obits in the morning for zanesville, see if the
name is there.

No, seriously, some people get a kick out of seeing if they can screw with folks. He would probably be overjoyed seeing that you are troubled by it.

For him to set up an e-bay account, he would have to have a current credit card at least. Look at the obits in the morning for zanesville, see if the
name is there.

Will do, I just checked and I don't see any deaths with the last name... I'll check again tomorrow. I replied to his emails and told him that I was sorry to hear about his loss but I could'nt make a living giving parts away for free, and that he'd have to pay me if he wanted the part.

MMMMM, we have a member or two in Zanesville.

Which, BTW, is the town I was born in................................

Their bridge is dedicated to my mother.................................

Not sure why.....................................................

Whoosier daddy???????

I'd send him a stripped cap off something else (that almost fits). If he doesn't like it, tell him you'll give his money back......

This would do it.

It's also the basis of most "sh1t goods" scams on Ebay. it goes like this for the uninitiated; watch out for it.

1. Seller lists a complete knock-off chinese trash item, badging it up as decent, say a fake 357XP with a 30cc engine and teeth made of rubber

2. Seller charges 50p for the item and £100 for delivery

3. buyer bites, recieves fakey crap item, borks at it and sends it back at his own expense, which is normal. begins to small a rat when it only costs him £5 to post.

4. Seller says "Ok! My bad!" and refunds the full purchase price, keeping what he skimmed off on the postage. Buyer seethes and wishes death upon seller.

5. Ebay sit on their pudgy hands, after all the seller's kept his side of things to the letter, and they'd do sod all anyway.

You can do this with one knackered old saw, dead ipod, busted ass laptop, anything. just sell it again and again and skim postage each time.

... but I'm sure you wouldn't, 'cos you'd deserve a good kicking for it :mad:

That buyers reply reminds me of those emails from some "dude in Africa related to king mumbo jumbo" who just inherited 40 million but it's in some account and he needs help getting the money out of the country. So please just send him your bank account info and he'll wire your share of the 40 large for being a good sport and helping him out!.

:spam:

Make sure you document everything so you don't get held hostage by eBay's new anti-seller rules...... this could end up badly, but I still would not send the cap for free. Just keep a paper trail to protect yourself.

Ditto - remember, he can leave neg feedback but you can't. Definitely contact EBAy on this one.

Latest posts

Back