What would you do in this situation?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread is too funny.:cheers:

It really is, it's not so much that I'm concerned about this... I think part of the reason I posted it was it is funny - can you believe the audacity of this guy? I sent him an email this afternoon telling him he was going to have to pay up and I have'nt heard a word out of him since LOL

Hey Matt, I need a 262xp, but I'm a bit short, can you help a feller out?

Fish: I need a couple more loops of chain, can ya hok me up:monkey:

Scam!!!!

Neghbor got one a while back. He'd listed his Jeep on Craigs list. Got a heck of a bite! Yup, some dude in Africa wanted it, he sent a check covering the cost, plus the cost of shipping. All he had to do was deposit the check and foreward the rest of the money to the shipping company in FL.
As soon as the check showed up you could tell it was a fake, I forget the name, but it was two banks names put together. Nice looking check, but I doubt any teller would have wasted the time even running it through!!
Really makes you wonder how many people get sucked in to these scams don't it!

You ever got one of these??

Where a distant member of your family tree got killed in some 3rd world country and left you money in their will...I always knew better than that garbage,,heck,,my family never could get outta KY much less out of the country...LOL!!!! :)

Hey Matt, I need a 262xp, but I'm a bit short, can you help a feller out?

Fish: I need a couple more loops of chain, can ya hok me up:monkey:

Scam!!!!

Neghbor got one a while back. He'd listed his Jeep on Craigs list. Got a heck of a bite! Yup, some dude in Africa wanted it, he sent a check covering the cost, plus the cost of shipping. All he had to do was deposit the check and foreward the rest of the money to the shipping company in FL.
As soon as the check showed up you could tell it was a fake, I forget the name, but it was two banks names put together. Nice looking check, but I doubt any teller would have wasted the time even running it through!!
Really makes you wonder how many people get sucked in to these scams don't it!

I had the same exact thing happen when I sold my old Dodge Ramcharger on ebay. Yep, a worn out '85 model with 300,000+ miles on it and he was going to arrange shipping to the UK, but would'nt tell me where he lived. I played along for a while just for fun, he even sent me one of those phony checks!

yowzer

if some body did that to one of my auctionz on fleabay i would report it to ebay. they can help mitigate a sticky situation. now like others have said if he emailed and said he was a good standing AS member, then i consider shiping him the cap and tell him as soon as possible send the money owed.AS boyz need to stick up for each other, i bought a poulan from a AS member because the member is trying to work his way up to a better saw:)

:givebeer: .

If you reprinted it exactly like he stated it, That is sooooooo not an american. Here's what I usually do to sniff out a towelhead. Say their sripture out load and toss in alittle accent. If it flows better, it's somone who has little american english fluency which tells you what you need to know.

O.K., So this guy buys a Remington 754 oil cap out of my ebay store. I send him an invoice, this is the message he sends me:

can i send you my mother info to pay for this cap ! i have no money ! unable to setup an ebay account for her ! my father willed me this saw ! he revcently died and i wanna restore it to a-1 condition ! please respond so i know what to do ! any sucjh thing to help outa fellow amearican by chance for you to donate this cap ! plz ! if no send it to 151 e.king st to troy fluhart in zanesville ! ohio 43701 would very much appreciate it ! once again thank you !'
p.s father just died 11-27 pm 2008 ! thank you sir

I feel sorry for him in a way, but it also 'kinda pizzes me off that he did'nt email me before he bought it. There's so many scam artists out there now that I don't know whether to belive him or not... Any one of you guys here could tell me you needed a part and did'nt have any money and I'd send it to you free of charge. But how does this fellow expect to restore a saw to A-1 condition with no money? I know it's just a few bucks and it's not going to break me to send him an oil cap for free, but I was taught to trust my instincts and I smell a rat. The guy has one feedback. What would you do?

Matt, I don't have any money, could you plz send me your Husky 254 NC?
Thank's in advance.
Reminds me of the time an Ebay member wanted me to send him a brandnew 088 on Escrow. Sure, I'll get right on that!

Gypo

Last edited:
Matt, I don't have any money, could you plz send me your Husky 254 NC?
Thank's in advance.
Reminds me of the time an Ebay member wanted me to send him a brandnew 088 on Escrow. Sure, I'll get right on that!

Gypo

I'm still waiting on that 088 dammit!

Latest posts

Back