What You Should Do If You Get Hurt in the Woods When Alone

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of these Darwins don't read too well. Read what was posted; put things like insulin with airways and bleedouts--stupid is as stupid does.
Some skins are nano thin.
Read what's been posted without all this threatening and name calling ( what the F is Bush Ape ?). There are only experts
who've seen the elephant, not posturing, not BSing. "Warn" someone else.
If you can't discuss intelligently, shut up. You know everything, fine. Don't need training or skills, fine.:lol:

Now back to the SOP of real world emergency care.:rock:

Some of these Darwins don't read too well. Read what was posted; put things like insulin with airways and bleedouts--stupid is as stupid does.
Some skins are nano thin.
Read what's been posted without all this threatening and name calling ( what the F is Bush Ape ?). There are only experts
who've seen the elephant, not posturing, not BSing. "Warn" someone else.
If you can't discuss intelligently, shut up. You know everything, fine. Don't need training or skills, fine.:lol:

Now back to the SOP of real world emergency care.:rock:

Still encouraging us to do the wrong thing? I've never heard about giving folks shots of insulin in a real First Aid class. Maybe you are in a different universe? What first aid class do you go to?

I think, if I am interpreting correctly; is that he is calling ME stupid for saying that he was placing insulin with other emergency care. It's pretty tough to follow with the SMS style shorthand. But my wife and kids all laugh at me because I capitalize and punctuate text messages, even if it's a single line.

I don't think I'd feel very secure if I was injured and Pulp showed up as a first responder. :eek:
We've all seen them...the ones that get all frantic and hysterical and run around like chickens with their heads cut off and will do something, even if it's wrong. And it probably will be.
They usually get weeded out somewhere in the training process. I think that's probably what happened to Pulp. Somebody took a long hard look at him and decided that he'd never make it, that he'd do more harm than good. He got bounced from the program, came away half educated, and knows just enough to be truly dangerous.

Pulp: I will accept, for now, that you aren't a banned poster trying to sneak around that ban by creating a new account. Good for you passing the Turing Test. However, it is poor form to roll into a forum with established members, guns blazing, and pointing fingers without first establishing bona fides. It could well be that you are the most experienced and qualified EMT that ever walked the face of the planet, but how would we ever know if you can't communicate except through histrionics and arm-waving? You need to turn it down, examine what it is that you really mean to say, and then say it, without all the drama-bait. You won't last long around here with that approach.

The use of emoticons kinda remind me of someone that was sent to banned camp quite awhile back. I believe we named a backcut after him. Seems to me he also prided himself as somewhat of a first aid guru.

I remember taking a class and one of the students response to every problem was a 9mm... another dude in same class had been through every conceivable catastrophe... and had to explain in finite detail why x was bad... oddly enough neither one was around on the final test day.

The insulin comment bugs me. My ex was an insulin dependent diabetic, and what I've learned is there is more than 1 type of insulin, and the wrong one can be as harmful as none at all. I've also seen the low blood sugar instances where more insulin would kill her in a heartbeat. A blood sugar in the single digits is not the time to give insulin, just more sugar. You have to know what you are dealing with when it comes to diabetics and insulin, that's why its suggested that diabetics where a medical Id bracelet to identify what the have. Thats just something I've learned.

Trying to have any kind of reasonable discussion here is like lipstick on a pig. It just pisses off the pig(s) and don't make it pretty.
I'm out. Lose- Lose. No win. No "system".
Tactical Darwinian retreat.

Trying to have any kind of reasonable discussion here is like lipstick on a pig. It just pisses off the pig(s) and don't make it pretty.
I'm out. Lose- Lose. No win. No "system".
Tactical Darwinian retreat.

Actually there is a system, dumb **** gets called out quick, then said dumb **** gets huffy, makes some harmless jabs about peoples politics or status, then either gets banned or just doesn't bother to come back... pretty good system really.

Pigs love lipstick by the way...

Actually there is a system, dumb **** gets called out quick, then said dumb **** gets huffy, makes some harmless jabs about peoples politics or status, then either gets banned or just doesn't bother to come back... pretty good system really.

Pigs love lipstick by the way...

Name one.
No, just that you dildos like to jab, but can't take it. Typical.
Not a hill to die on. No interest or intelligence here.

Name one.
No, just that you dildos like to jab, but can't take it. Typical.
Not a hill to die on. No interest or intelligence here.

Another WoodcutterTV/BrushApe reincarnation. There have been several. They're all the same in tone and content and not worthy of notice.

If you like the CAT style tourniquets, look for the ones where windlass and retainers are metal instead of plastic and can be carried longer and take more pressure. I keep a few around. They are more pricey but well worth it. Keep CATS wrapped in their plastic as long as possible and out of sunlight and dirt/dust as it wears out the Velcro. Slit the bag and keep it in a dedicated pouch or something that will not get a lot of crap in with it. TQs are great, but remember that in the split bones of the calves and forearms their effectiveness will be limited where you can't press the vessel against a bone, so you might have to go higher or adjust it instead of cranking on it fruitlessly. Always mark the patient with the time the TQ was applied, write on them if possible so the information doesn't get lost when transferring them to higher echelon of care. Obviously if you are doing this yourself this may not be practical, but if you can, do so. Don't underestimate direct pressure or gauze and pressure dressings though. Just my .02.Sorry if I am repeating stuff.

Keeping a cool head is probably the best advice, but easier said than done. The best thing to do is avoid working alone if you can. This may not be practical for pro loggers all the time, but the other guys looking at this thread should really consider that.

Latest posts

Back