Whats a good Tool Belt/System??? BC Faller Standards

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm not a faller, I just got tired of not having an axe near by or always having to walk back and forth to it, and wedge in back pocket only goes so far.

So I picked up this Weaver belt last week, very high quality, the axe pouch is a bit tight, needs to be warn in, it's comfortable.

26e155653332f02e79af6334a3b65605.jpg

Well I'm not a faller, I just got tired of not having an axe near by or always having to walk bacteria to it, and wedge in back pocket only goes so far.

So I picked up this Weaver belt last week, very high quality, the axe pouch is a bit tight, needs to be warn in, it's comfortable.

26e155653332f02e79af6334a3b65605.jpg
Nice. Thank You, that'll do!

Cool Pick Dan (with the young man)
He is wearing the sown in cut resistance sleeves/sirt combo. Sleeves are wore out.
I was in camp the first trial with Interfor (International Forest Products) introducing this in the Summer of 2016.
I only used the pull up sock sleeves. They offered me the first shirts.. but no! Too hot. Didn't wear the pull up sleeves much either.
Although they were mandatory. **** them.
He is wearing a backpack. Maybe a basic waist belt. A basic waist belt can be good?

I've got a Weaver Leather one that works very well. High quality. The Husqvarna one is nice but bloody expensive!
I've wondered recently how much does all this stuff weigh;
Chaps, chainsaw jacket, tool belt, wedges, axe, first aid kit, helmet.
.... and we quibble over 8 or 10 oz in saw weight.lol
2stroker

I've got a Weaver Leather one that works very well. High quality. The Husqvarna one is nice but bloody expensive!
I've wondered recently how much does all this stuff weigh;
Chaps, chainsaw jacket, tool belt, wedges, axe, first aid kit, helmet.
.... and we quibble over 8 or 10 oz in saw weight.lol
2stroker
Lol. Than again there is a difference when the weight is on you body.

Mine is a mishmash of my own doing. The Weaver Leather harness, first aid kit and one wedge holder are great. Ended up with a Husky holder for the longer wedges as the other holders I tried the wedges would poke me in the ribs. It needs to hang lower off the harness.
I tried making an aluminum axe holder but my material was too thin. Ended up with a soft leather pouch from a tool belt and that works very well.
If I knew I was going to be using it as much as I am, I would have just gotten a decked out Weaver.
2stroker

He is wearing 'cut resistance' gloves also.
If you are wearing suspenders and possibly a radio vest and a back back at times then do you need a harness with a belt? KMN..haha

I hope your still towin the line & playing it cool! The above is a good enough.
I wish RB Vision had a retail store. I've ordered from them direct as CN allows me to wear their clothing without a X back Hi-vis Vest. Their shirts reflect far beyond our vest's, nice stuff...

Nice setup. Can I ask who makes the Belt and Suspenders?
Kuni is the company that makes those belts and wedge pouches.. I have used lots of wide padded belts and even lifting belts. They just get hot. A friend that had a saw shop bought up a lot of supplys in 2009 from logging companies that went belly up after the financial crash.
He got about 10 sets of those harnesses.
Can't remember what he said they were originally off? The straps were dubble the width of foam & nylon but I cut half away to the middle stitching for less bulk & heat
I don't really care too much for harnesses. You probably should only have about 15% on your shoulders anyway. Every time you lift the saw then you are lifting that weigh. Sometimes it's not worth it. They are more helpful if you are bending alot. That's when it picks up the weight from the hips.
I don't carry the spot finder or GPS on my belt.
I carry my radio on a belt so you always wear the belt in the helicopter. You want easy access to the on/off dial as you get In and out. So you just dump the axe, wedges & tape on the hill with your saw at day end.

Back