what's a reasonable price for these?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

da new feller

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
i recently had a bad experience with a friend/partner who took off with all the money from the mills on a job i was working. between that and rolling my truck several months ago i've come to the realization that to back on track i need to basically start from scratch.i need my truck back on the road and to do so i'm selling my saws. i've got a guy coming this afternoon from a saw shop to look at what i have and make me an offer. i know i won't get what i think they are worth but i don't want to pull my tail between my legs and take just anything he offers. here's what i got............

*stihl 066 (runs great)

*stihl 064 (was a runner but needs rings and carb kit)

*stihl 064 (parts saw, everything but the jug, piston, carb, and covers)

*stihl 034 AV (runs great)

*stihl 032 AV (runs but missing carb cover and has a cracked handle)

(i'm sorry, just a moment :cry:......:cry:, o.k. where was i)......

*stihl 200t (missing carb cover, motor seized)

*stihl 011 AVT (runs great, missing bar and bar clamp/ and muffler)

*mini mac 6 (runs great missing manual oiler linkage)

*2 pioneer RA's (both saws are complete, i've had 1 running and the other i have never got around to mess with)

*bars:
.404 --- 36"oregon 32",25"stihl (1 ea)
3/8" --- 1-32" stihl
2-28" " "
2-25" " "
3-20" " "
1-20" oregon

i'm going to attempt to put some pics on here too.

any ideas and input wood be most appreciated. he also wants to work a partial trade by giving me a ms 460 or a 046magnum.

thank you, Jon :cry:i've got to get rid of my babies:cry:

i'll try to downsize my pics so i can add them, sorry.

THANK AGAIN FOR ALL YOU HELP AND INPUT.

I'm guessing the lot offer will be less than $1k, with the running 066 and 034 being the most valuable ones.
Good luck to you.
:cheers:

you could probably sell them here easy if he doesn't give you enough.

Maybe I'm missing something. Toss everything on ebay, keep the 066 if your back is up to it, and use the cash. It's firewood season and everything on ebay is at a premium. If you can get by with it, keep the 034 and sell the 066. The 064 builder will get you some decent cash (I'd redo it and sell it as a runner, the $50 you put in will get you back $150 more for the saw, minimum. The parts 064 will do well on ebay. The Pioneers would probably do better in the trading post here.

price

i recently had a bad experience with a friend/partner who took off with all the money from the mills on a job i was working. between that and rolling my truck several months ago i've come to the realization that to back on track i need to basically start from scratch.i need my truck back on the road and to do so i'm selling my saws. i've got a guy coming this afternoon from a saw shop to look at what i have and make me an offer. i know i won't get what i think they are worth but i don't want to pull my tail between my legs and take just anything he offers. here's what i got............

*stihl 066 (runs great)

*stihl 064 (was a runner but needs rings and carb kit)

*stihl 064 (parts saw, everything but the jug, piston, carb, and covers)

*stihl 034 AV (runs great)

*stihl 032 AV (runs but missing carb cover and has a cracked handle)

(i'm sorry, just a moment :cry:......:cry:, o.k. where was i)......

*stihl 200t (missing carb cover, motor seized)

*stihl 011 AVT (runs great, missing bar and bar clamp/ and muffler)

*mini mac 6 (runs great missing manual oiler linkage)

*2 pioneer RA's (both saws are complete, i've had 1 running and the other i have never got around to mess with)

*bars:
.404 --- 36"oregon 32",25"stihl (1 ea)
3/8" --- 1-32" stihl
2-28" " "
2-25" " "
3-20" " "
1-20" oregon

i'm going to attempt to put some pics on here too.

any ideas and input wood be most appreciated. he also wants to work a partial trade by giving me a ms 460 or a 046magnum.

thank you, Jon :cry:i've got to get rid of my babies:cry:

i'll try to downsize my pics so i can add them, sorry.

THANK AGAIN FOR ALL YOU HELP AND INPUT.

ebay will bring you 1000.00 or better sold separate

Maybe I'm missing something. Toss everything on ebay, keep the 066 if your back is up to it, and use the cash. It's firewood season and everything on ebay is at a premium. If you can get by with it, keep the 034 and sell the 066. The 064 builder will get you some decent cash (I'd redo it and sell it as a runner, the $50 you put in will get you back $150 more for the saw, minimum. The parts 064 will do well on ebay. The Pioneers would probably do better in the trading post here.

thank you!

Jon

Maybe I'm missing something. Toss everything on ebay, keep the 066 if your back is up to it, and use the cash.

:agree2:

A dealer is almost obligated to make the lowballest bid in the world, it's their job.

John H.

Latest posts

Back