What's an 041av worth?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timbo74

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I know somebody who has an old 041AV sitting in a shed for years. I think it has a 28" bar, and really it looks to be in real good shape. The guy said it ran great, but hasn't been started for years. What would this be worth, if it has good compression?

I'm not sure about the 041av, but I only payed 120 for my 041 super with a 30" b/c but it was also not running (just needed a carb kit, had 175psi compression)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Depends who you ask. To me it's worth nothing. Not very practical for any real use. For a collection maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I paid 25 bucks for mine running with a 20 inch bar.
Air filter was missing. Guy missplaced it.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Did you pick up this saw?
I know somebody who has an old 041AV sitting in a shed for years. I think it has a 28" bar, and really it looks to be in real good shape. The guy said it ran great, but hasn't been started for years. What would this be worth, if it has good compression?

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

An 041 AV Farm Boss was never designed to pull a 28" bar and chain. If this saw did that most of its 25-year life, it's shot.

You sure you don't mean short?........lol I saw a 612 Jonsereds on ebay a short time ago with a 32" .......it did have a skip chain....but ...really?? I mean the 621 is a legend... for sure...but a 56cc saw, even an old torque master like the 621 is definitely working it's soul out with that kind of bar....go bigger. CC....041 good for a 20" bar.......24" in a pinch but not for a standard diet....

You sure you don't mean short?........lol I saw a 612 Jonsereds on ebay a short time ago with a 32" .......it did have a skip chain....but ...really?? I mean the 621 is a legend... for sure...but a 56cc saw, even an old torque master like the 621 is definitely working it's soul out with that kind of bar....go bigger. CC....041 good for a 20" bar.......24" in a pinch but not for a standard diet....
Well, OP said "I think" a 28" bar. I cannot recall seeing any 041 equipped with that. Maybe it's a typo. He may have keyboarded the 8 instead of the 0 after the 2. There is always that possibility.

It wasn't a typo, that was way longer then a 20" bar. At the time I didn't know the 041 was a 60cc saw. I figured it was at least 70cc.

Back