whats cad ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THIS is CAD......

Poulanfamily2011014.jpg

Just a portion of my Poulan collection.

"Webster" may be calling soon, thats differently the definition of CAD.

Here are about 70% of my saws in this pic but you have to look way back to see all of them. I will have to line them up on day and take a pic of the entire family which is about 20 saws total, slim pickens around here.

My wife asked tonight how many chainsaws do you have. I said I do not know as I have not counted them for sure. I guess that was the wrong answer.

And while she new I bought the MS261 new I guess I did not mention the MS460 I picked up used. She knows about it now:redface:

I thought since it was used it was not worth mentioning.

Something was brought up about how many chainsaws do you need......a question like this needs some serious thought and I was not able to answer that right away. Might take a few days to figure that out or maybe a few years:smile2:

I'm nothing but an amateur

Dang, I thought I had bad CAD, lads (nice rhyme, huh?) but you guys put me to shame. Everyone around me thinks I'm way around the bend because I just picked up my 7th saw. But that's hardly a blip on the radar compared to some of you guys.

But then I am in SoCal with the biggest tree in my yard maybe nine inches in diameter...

Olyeller

Last edited:
It is a horrible and often debilitating disease that has but only one cure 'death' God help you if you catch it. As for most of us it is too late save yourself and get out while you still can!

She'll neeevvver know! :msp_flapper:

Yes she will...... Even while you are sitting silently laughing to yourself about how she'll never know, she already knows.....

Here are about 70% of my saws in this pic but you have to look way back to see all of them. I will have to line them up on day and take a pic of the entire family which is about 20 saws total, slim pickens around here.

Is that a 042? Can I have it? :still_dreaming:

My wife asked tonight how many chainsaws do you have. I said I do not know as I have not counted them for sure. I guess that was the wrong answer.

And while she new I bought the MS261 new I guess I did not mention the MS460 I picked up used. She knows about it now:redface:

I thought since it was used it was not worth mentioning.

Something was brought up about how many chainsaws do you need......a question like this needs some serious thought and I was not able to answer that right away. Might take a few days to figure that out or maybe a few years:smile2:

1.The answer to question one is "enough for now", but maybe not for tomorrow.
2.You were correct. A new saw cancels out the purchase of a used saw if both are purchased at the same time.
3.The correct answer to the last question is never "Well.... How many pairs of shoes do you need?"

I have the CAD, just can't afford to get my fix. But I'm bout to afford a nice 038 in a few weeks. :rock:

CAD=broke.:msp_crying:

Good luck with the 038, I am about to bring a new saw home myself.

I quit posting my aquisitions, but I still have CAD.

You seem to have the ability to bring home a truck load several times a week. In our minds, we automatically add 7-10 saws to your collection every week, weather you post any pictures or not.

Dang, I thought I had bad CAD, lads (nice rhyme, huh?) but you guys put me to shame. Everyone around me things I'm way around the bend because I just picked up my 7th saw. But that's hardly a blip on the radar compared to some of you guys.

But then I am in SoCal with the biggest tree in my yard maybe nine inches in diameter...

Olyeller

You will get there. I am in so deep now that I buy parts for saws I might someday own.

It is a horrible and often debilitating disease that has but only one cure 'death' God help you if you catch it. As for most of us it is too late save yourself and get out while you still can!

If there ain't chainsaws in Heaven then my Bible lied to me..... Paradise without chainsaws, fishing and boats?

Yes she will...... Even while you are sitting silently laughing to yourself about how she'll never know, she already knows.....

...1.The answer to question one is "enough for now", but maybe not for tomorrow.
2.You were correct. A new saw cancels out the purchase of a used saw if both are purchased at the same time.
3.The correct answer to the last question is never "Well.... How many pairs of shoes do you need?"

you are right. she does already know. if she doesn't like it now is the time to not get roped in with a permanent arrangement (i.e.-before you think of getting married).
1. good answer. wish i'd thought of that. the old left brain, right brain thing. i was still on point no. 1 when she was winging on to point no. 11.
2. seems logical
3. i disagree. the old "a good defense is a good offense" comes to mind. plus, she's already pissed. can't hurt to get some equalization in.

not to sound like a greenhorn but whats cad ,seems like lot of people have it in here

It's the same thing you get when you ride a 250R for the first time. Then you modify it for more speed. You're hooked.
Then you modify it again for more torque to pull a taller gear, = more speed. Hooked for life.
Then you modify it again...:rock:

Don't worry, you have it already. You just didn't know it. :msp_smile::clap:
Craving Another Dolmar

That's funny right thar...:hmm3grin2orange:

There really should be a rule/guide line for CAD

Rule #1 Never ever turn down a free chainsaw:msp_w00t:
This showed up ten minutes ago hand delivered no less:msp_biggrin:

stihl290009.jpg

To my fellow chainsaw addicts,

Sing this cheesy Lil' chant when you're out on the hunt for saws:

"I have CAD, yes I do! I have CAD, how 'bout you?!

11 saws and counting...

There is no such thing as CAD.

I dont believe in it and I most certainly do not have it!

Now, if you'll excuse me, i havnt searched "chainsaw" on craigslist in nearly 15 minutes so I must go do so.

It's the same thing you get when you ride a 250R for the first time. Then you modify it for more speed. You're hooked.
Then you modify it again for more torque to pull a taller gear, = more speed. Hooked for life.
Then you modify it again...:rock:

Don't worry, you have it already. You just didn't know it. :msp_smile::clap:

hmm gotta 450 now wonder if can adapt a old 250cc jug and pipe to one of these saws and a 38 air stryker

Back