What's going on with Husquvarna

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coug

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm not bashing husky saws, I have 2 of them, but they are doing some odd stuff IMHO. Lowes has 3 models, the Rancher, the 445, and I believe a 435 but don't hold me to the model number on the last one. In any event I stopped there after work to see if I could make sense out of those "Tool less" chain tensioner gizmos. Now the Husky catalog lists the 445 as having this gadget as standard. Not only did the 445 NOT have the gidgit, it had only ONE bar nut! Huh? That bar has got to rock like a kiver in a flush toilet:confused:

I have to be missing something here. Every chainsaw I've had in the last 50 years has had two bar nuts, now we can get by with one? Maybe with some slick pinning, but I'm having a hard time swallowing this.

Anybody else run into this? And if there is some sound logic to this I'm all ears.

Coug

Last edited:
Pretty sure there are two hidden bar bolts under the clutch cover, one on each side of the nut you see on the outside. The are in a striaght horizontal pattern so the bar can't rock.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back