What's in a bar???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Mr. NBailey, you've been buying too many dusty boxes. Pick up a few fresh boxes and you will see the PowerMatch tips have six rivets.

The nose component and 6 rivet design worked sooooo well in the Harvester bars that it was incorporated into the PowerMatch tips. Harvester bars operate with machines in the 20 to 55 hp range so the PowerMatch tips do real well with chain saws in the 3 to 7 hp range.

I missed your smiling face at the Eugene Logging show these past few years.

Take care, OE

Oregon Engineer, you know us, the thicker the dust, the better the price. I just recieved the new 2007 Product Catalog with the updated noses. Nice job on the new technology. I am wondering if they have a new part number, or are they replacing the older 5 rivet type. I hope that they have a new number for obvious reasons.

i gotta ask, y the hole with the plug in it just towards the powerhead from the tip? its is extremely aggrating when it get filled up with sawdust....i mig welded mine shut

If the hole is in the bar body, it is a tooling hole to allow for better clamping and precise location during the machining operations. The hole is suppose to be plugged at the factory and that plug should not come out during use. I agree, if the plug comes out it's a royal pain when cutting because the open hole will fill with chips. The chips will bind up and prevent the bar from moving.

If anyone has experienced the tooling hole plug coming out recently, please PM me with the bar part number, temperature during cutting, and the type of cutting (knot bumping, falling, bucking, etc) you are doing.

..... I am wondering if they have a new part number, or are they replacing the older 5 rivet type. I hope that they have a new number for obvious reasons.

The part numbers have not changed because the 6 rivet tips will fitup to the bar bodies just like the 5 rivet tips.

attachment.php

Last edited:
If the hole is in the bar body, it is a tooling hole to allow for better clamping and precise location during the machining operations. The hole is suppose to be plugged at the factory and that plug should not come out during use. I agree, if the plug comes out it's a royal pain when cutting because the open hole will fill with chips. The chips will bind up and prevent the bar from moving.

If anyone has experienced the tooling hole plug coming out recently, please PM me with the bar part number, temperature during cutting, and the type of cutting (knot bumping, falling, bucking, etc) you are doing.

the bar that i had the plug come out on was an ArborPro bar, but i have noticed the same on some fo the Oregon bars and wasn't sure,, i will be gettign a few oregons in the near future i will let u know how they hold up

Back