What's it worth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not trying to be picky but, In the video it only shows one example, and in that example, the round that he split with the 4 way wasn't a clean 4 way split.
The two sides split apart, but the upper and lower pieces on both sides didn't split completely. He is going to have to re split both of those pieces. That doesn't save any time or work. I'm sure not all have to be re split and do split cleanly with the 4 way. But I have yet to see a small splitter with a 4 way be that much more efficient.
I'm not a fan of the push through type splitters ether. The pieces that need re split have to be dragged back to re position them for the next split. It just doesn't seem as efficient.

Those pieces did not have to be re-split and with the pictures I just added I have an option to change where the 4 way wedge hits the round. I can also lift it right off to go after bigger splits without the four way. I prefer push thru splitters for the multiple wedge options.

Latest posts

Back