What's My Stihl 057 Worth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PistolPete

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've become a chainsaw junkie after finding this site, I might have to have some type of intervention if this keeps up. I bought a new 057 AV back in about 1984 and it has been my only saw all this time. Thanks to Craigslist, I've added a MS361 and Husky 346XP to the family. After running the new saws I rarely use the 057 based on its weight. The saw has never been in the shop and will crank on the 3rd pull no matter how long it sits. It still throws chips 2ft and is a beast you can't stall out no matter the tree size. I'm going to put in on Craiglist in the future...what would be a fair price?

I've got to reclaim some of the cash you guys have cost me:)

Thanks

Pete

Now you guys have got me second guessing myself, I'm going to have leave work and go check the model number. I know it isn't 051....probably an 056.
Maybe that is why I couldn't find much when googling 057....I'll be back!

No...it is an 057 AV....printed right on the housing.

It sure is...

Heinz57Sauce500ml_Lge.png

Thanks...kind of sad when I can't even get the model number correct on my first post.....but if it is an 057...I'm gonna be rich!

Well, my hopes for early retirement are gone....apparently, so is my short term memory.....it is a 056AV.

So back to my original question...what is a high-low selling price?

Thanks!

Pete

I sold a 056 av in good shape for $250.00 about three years ago. It really depends on the market.

I just looked on craigslist and there are about 13 of them ranging fron 185-500 . Depending on condition and extras of course.

Dan

Back