What's My Stihl 057 Worth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recent completed auctions on Fleebay have had runners going from $330-$400 and most parts saws for under $100.

I just picked up an 056AV Magnum on eBay earlier this month for $285 shipped. The saw is in great shape, with only a chip in the carb box and a bad brake band. I've been watching others on there lately and they're going from anywhere between $150 and $300.

Where's the 0?:greenchainsaw:

OOOOHHHHH Yea..LOL Here it is

Heinz57Sauce500ml_Lge.png

I was considering keeping it for possible milling work but if I ever decided to produce some lumber there are probably better saws....anyone ever milled with an 056?

I'd have to say an 057 would be invaluable. You have the only one that exists:greenchainsaw:
I've become a chainsaw junkie after finding this site, I might have to have some type of intervention if this keeps up. I bought a new 057 AV back in about 1984 and it has been my only saw all this time. Thanks to Craigslist, I've added a MS361 and Husky 346XP to the family. After running the new saws I rarely use the 057 based on its weight. The saw has never been in the shop and will crank on the 3rd pull no matter how long it sits. It still throws chips 2ft and is a beast you can't stall out no matter the tree size. I'm going to put in on Craiglist in the future...what would be a fair price?

I've got to reclaim some of the cash you guys have cost me:)

Thanks

Pete
I've become a chainsaw junkie after finding this site, I might have to have some type of intervention if this keeps up. I bought a new 057 AV back in about 1984 and it has been my only saw all this time. Thanks to Craigslist, I've added a MS361 and Husky 346XP to the family. After running the new saws I rarely use the 057 based on its weight. The saw has never been in the shop and will crank on the 3rd pull no matter how long it sits. It still throws chips 2ft and is a beast you can't stall out no matter the tree size. I'm going to put in on Craiglist in the future...what would be a fair price?

I've got to reclaim some of the cash you guys have cost me:)

Thanks

Pete
I also have 057 Av stihl , after some research the 056/051 are a little bit different , like most people I have been having trouble getting any information on this saw. I have photos, numbers of my saw and would like to find out the truth about it, can anyone help me out with information, did stihl make the 057 Av, electronic quickstop,

I also have 057 Av stihl , after some research the 056/051 are a little bit different , like most people I have been having trouble getting any information on this saw. I have photos, numbers of my saw and would like to find out the truth about it, can anyone help me out with information, did stihl make the 057 Av, electronic quickstop,
Can you post some pictures?

Yes my research has shown that the 051 Av was made from 1976 to 1983 and thay had a few version of this saw, all in all its a great saw , runs well , everything works, good buy for $150, cheering. Thanks everyone

Yes my research has shown that the 051 Av was made from 1976 to 1983 and thay had a few version of this saw, all in all its a great saw , runs well , everything works, good buy for $150, cheering. Thanks everyone
The 051 and 056 are two different platforms. Correct? So why would Stihl print an owners manual with both saws?F899E848-028A-4B84-83DF-A23AC2F91BDA.png

Back