What's On Your Bench? 01-17-2014

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was trying to put a piece of 3/4" heater hose over the top handle of my Stihl 070. I failed. So it's still on my bench along with a bunch of parts from my disassembled 019T and a bunch of tools I was using to do some door latch repair on a 98 GMC. That has to be one of the worst doors to work on. All the wires combined with lots of rods, motors, etc make it a nightmare. Took me about 4 hours to accomplish what would've been a 30 minute job on many vehicles. My son who has worked on these doors before said if something breaks inside the best option is to replace the truck. I am starting to agree with him.

I was trying to put a piece of 3/4" heater hose over the top handle of my Stihl 070. I failed. So it's still on my bench along with a bunch of parts from my disassembled 019T and a bunch of tools I was using to do some door latch repair on a 98 GMC. That has to be one of the worst doors to work on. All the wires combined with lots of rods, motors, etc make it a nightmare. Took me about 4 hours to accomplish what would've been a 30 minute job on many vehicles. My son who has worked on these doors before said if something breaks inside the best option is to replace the truck. I am starting to agree with him.
Try soaking ( immersing) the heater hose in fuel for half hour, then give it another go.

Slowly putting some orange on the princess saw to cover the pink, once the paint is dry it gets a new OEM p/c(thanks Spike).
101_0993.JPG

Also a 034 that needs attention. I think the bearings are good, piston scored, cylinder questionable. Princess comes first- as if I need to say that. Not sure why a small garden rake came with the 034, one of you stihl guys might explain that to me.101_0994.JPG

These just left the bench- HEY, it was real cold out this winter, I finally got some saws complete. :)

101_0990.JPG

101_0992.JPG

I'm doing my first saw with a degree wheel. It's a partner P-7000, and I rebuilt it before and did some porting but it came out disappointing. Lots of top end rpm's but no torque. What I found with the wheel was interesting, 22* blow down, 155* exhaust duration, and only 126* intake duration. What do you folks think? Not enough flow on the intake side? I've already increased the intake duration up to 150*. I'm in the process of putting it back together. How about some predictions on how it will run with the new port timing.

You put your saws on some clean and bare carpet and some pretty nice tables...

well, I know those saws are not as clean as your echos you showed, but I wont get in too much trouble (I want that little cheers icon here)

cheers- dave

Both those saws looked pretty clean to me. I am just not that confident in my work :)

Going into my first 044 overhaul
abu3ybyq.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is a good looking saw and nice piles of dawgs in the background.

Feel like I need to send a couple saws down the road, but having a hard time figuring out which...
In the mean time, I may rebuild the flatback in my Super 250 tomorrow, been setting it aside long enough.

You can remove the model plate by simple tapping the rivets out from the back. They can be re-used by tapping them back in.

Can they be pried out from the front? I didn't take the case apart on this saw, just trying to get it done for cold weather use. Kinda wishing a had taken the case down now, but I didn't want to bother you with more 'how to' questions :)

Latest posts

Back