What's on your bench? 08-13-2012

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I go for spurts where I won't take any work, and then I let the flood gates open! I'm trying to pay for a lathe, so need to make hobby money to pay for hobby tools, lol.

Here we have two never fueled MS441R-CMs. One gets the 1/2 wrap handle and a port job later today. The MS460 is ported and ready to be boxed up. The MS201T gets a MM, timing advanced, and the carb limiter drilled out. Then you have my 550XP which arrived back yesterday. I'm trying to decide if it's a rose amongst the thorns, or if it's a bad apple in a barrel of good ones:biggrin: Then there are three 28" ES Light bars there on the ground. It's pretty crazy when you realize there's well over $4K setting there!

IMG9247-M.jpg

Last edited:
Sigh, nothing on my bench today. I have a house to scrape and paint, 40 bales of hay to stack, and I have to change the oil on my wife's car. No wood cutting or splitting happening either. I'll just pretend I'm doing something fun.

Nice saws!

DSC07017.jpg

Nice projects Brad, here are mine. I just finished the 031 recently, and the 038 today. These have been on my bench too long, time to put something else there.

Last edited:
Brad, you know today's the 18th, don't you?
Anyway, here's my list in no particular order:
(2) Husqvarna 51's, one had a burnt up piston.
MS-441 M-Tronic (customer dropped a tree on it, needs new case and housing)
MS-441 (customer ran over it with a skid steer)
BT-106 Earth Auger (new ring & piston)
MS-200T (dropped and is now leaking oil out the case)
TS-700 cutoff saw (crankshaft damaged by customer, needs replaced)
036 Pro (clutch came apart and took out the oil pump, case was OK)
Pro Mac 1000, no sparky.
We'll see what exciting stuff comes in next week.

all i have on the bench right now is 2 more gallons of TSC bar oil,, i have been busy all week but nothing today to work on,, i even struck out at the pawn shop this morn:msp_angry::msp_angry::msp_angry::msp_angry:

Where to start????

Oh yeah.....

This is on my bench....

Husqvarna395XP3001.jpg

This just came off of Jon's bench......

PioneerP50048.jpg

And this is back on......It's getting gas in the oil tank.

2100017.jpg

I'll be starting to put an 084 back together tomorrow......

I bought it as a 266SE, turns out it's a 266SE with a Husky 162 top end
the piston and cylinder are so-so. So I've got it torn down while I look for a good 266 top end.

T2eC16FkE9s4Z-UYGBQDeUyuD6Q60_57.jpg

Where to start????

Oh yeah.....

This is on my bench....

Husqvarna395XP3001.jpg

This just came off of Jon's bench......

PioneerP50048.jpg

And this is back on......It's getting gas in the oil tank.

2100017.jpg

I'll be starting to put an 084 back together tomorrow......

is that last husky "gas in the oil tank" one the saw which was being discussed on here earlier?

I would like to know how that one turns out!

Yep, that's the one.

Kale, I might have a 266 jug.....

I was reading that tread yesterday and it seemed like the customer still had the saw and was still fidgeting with it.

He must have teleported it to you today or yall must be neighbors :msp_biggrin:

Either way, take lots of pics and keep us updated. That one seemed like an interesting problem!

I was reading that tread yesterday and it seemed like the customer still had the saw and was still fidgeting with it.

He must have teleported it to you today or yall must be neighbors :msp_biggrin:

Either way, take lots of pics and keep us updated. That one seemed like an interesting problem!

Must be a different saw then. I posted about this one in the 2101 thread......

Brad, you know today's the 18th, don't you?
Anyway, here's my list in no particular order:
(2) Husqvarna 51's, one had a burnt up piston.
MS-441 M-Tronic (customer dropped a tree on it, needs new case and housing)
MS-441 (customer ran over it with a skid steer)
BT-106 Earth Auger (new ring & piston)
MS-200T (dropped and is now leaking oil out the case)
TS-700 cutoff saw (crankshaft damaged by customer, needs replaced)
036 Pro (clutch came apart and took out the oil pump, case was OK)
Pro Mac 1000, no sparky.
We'll see what exciting stuff comes in next week.

My watch is wrong!

I like the cider analogy. I do believe she's going to be a real runner. I just finished making a few cuts with it. It's amazingly strong for a stock 50cc saw.

On my bench? Well a fellow climber dropped his MS260 pro off friday to me with a stuffed pist.on. Its not a very old saw. But the piston was pretty well wedged at TDC. I tore it down today and trying to figur oute out why it leaned out. Scuffs only on the exhaust side. No damages on the intake side. My best guess is a lean mix on a very hot day last week. Although will give it a vac test, But being a fairly new saw I dont think its the crank seals. But then again it could be. The other thing I noticed when taking it apart was the air filter was loose. Who knows what snuck by amongest the extra air. Well for today thats it. Waiting on parts for a blown up 372xt thats kicking around as well.

Brad, Nice job on the ported 460. That thing really screams! I just took a friend's Husky 136 off my "bench" today. Carb kit'd and fuel line/filter replaced, tuned and good to go. Next up are some back shelf saws. A Poulan Super 25 that probably only needs carb kit and fuel line and a Mini-Mac 25 that might need the same. Both pistons look great.

Finished Husky 136
IMAG0295.jpg

Poulan Super 25
IMAG0297.jpg

Mini-Mac 35
IMAG0296.jpg

What just went on my bench after yesterday's tree work is my 026 with a bunged up/out of round clutch brake band. But it's what I call a 5 and 5 or a 10 and 10. Five/10 for the part, five/10 to replace it. Just gotta wait for the dealer to get it in on Tuesday.

Easy peasy. Time to giver her a little lovin cleanup anyway. Love them kinds of routine fixes! :rock:

It was pretty small wood anyway, with nothing over 16 inches, so when the 026 went down I just put the 16-inch B&C on the 034S with an 8-pin rim and got the rest done in half the time. :D :D

Back