What's on your bench? 9-15-2012

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still fighting with Poulan 25 Super Deluxe. Ordered, received and installed complete NOS oil pump, lines and gasket, purchased from a guy who's mother should have named him Jesse James. Damn those hen's teeth are getting expensive. Having difficulties getting flywheel nut to screw on. First time I've run into this issue in over 35+ rebuilds. Likely happened when tapping off flywheel, instead of using a puller. Waiting on Monday to pick up a metric tap and die set to clean up threads, even though they look okay. The variety of nuts I got at Ace just won't turn more than a thread, or two. Dang the bad luck!

Hate to tell you but that Poulan flywheel nut will not be metric, made in the good ole' USA

ouch.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

impulse line, rings , used cyl & piston and new clips. and it lives again to it's fate with the groundy's . did not even bother to clean it much. the only good thing about having mashed saws laying around.
attachment.php

909D Homelite

Draggin' my feet on a couple of projects. No real excuse. Probably put the other J-Red 670 together so I can bring the twins to the GTG next week. Gotta get that Homey 909D runnin', too. Think it just needs a condenser.

I have several points and condensers for the Homelite 909D series saws.
chainsawlady

Brand new landcruiser cyl head,valves,cam,and the truck is not far away with the head off,pump and injectors also removed for overhaul$$$$:dizzy:not bad for 485,000 klms,:D
253418d1348048018-dsc00629-jpg

253419d1348048018-dsc00623-jpg

253420d1348048018-dsc00622-jpg

Last edited:
2 year old ms880. blew the cluth and made some speed holes for the oiler tank:msp_sneaky:
29wpzsm.jpg

a5kkqt.jpg

n31a1x.jpg

16t9pc.jpg

a little jb weld, some new small parts and she'll be good to go.
the saw is mounted to a firewood processer and does alot of work. the guy who owns it says this saw has maybe seen around 300 or so cord up until the clutch flew apart.
i guess these 880's don't like 13000rpm:hmm3grin2orange:
it's the second saw this month of his.

2 year old ms880. blew the cluth and made some speed holes for the oiler tank:msp_sneaky:
29wpzsm.jpg

a5kkqt.jpg

n31a1x.jpg

16t9pc.jpg

a little jb weld, some new small parts and she'll be good to go.
the saw is mounted to a firewood processer and does alot of work. the guy who owns it says this saw has maybe seen around 300 or so cord up until the clutch flew apart.
i guess these 880's don't like 13000rpm:hmm3grin2orange:
it's the second saw this month of his.

Well where are the clutch pics?

Well where are the clutch pics?

:hmm3grin2orange: the only part of the clutch left was the spider. he couldn't find any of the other parts:msp_tongue:
even the drum and bearing was missing, but the funny part was the clip was still in place and still in good shape.
the other saw wasn't near as bad as this one;)

Back