What's on your bench 2/22/13

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachsmo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Gotta admit, I've been slackin', when the weather turns I will be cleaning them off, one saw at a time.

tearing down an 024 parts saw, and working on putting the 024-26 "hybrid" saw together. still waiting on the jug to get back from the machine shop.

I've finished sharpening chains on the Fg2 ready for when it cools off and I want to go cut some wood.

Saws are all good.

It's been on average 25-32 degrees on weekends recently at the place I cut my gum trees...Aka Eucalypt.

Stuff that, too hot once you're working hard, wearing chaps etc. Did it one day, was supposed to just be a load and return, but the wood pile got comandeered by the land owner.... So I didn't care, he'd cut it in the first place.

Might go down with a mate in a couple of weeks, cut the loads Sat arvo then get into the bundy

25 to 32 c eh?

Thats good for working out in the shed, but not so good for cuttin'

Heh, i had to calculate that one. :msp_biggrin: Yah, 86 degrees Fahrenheit just won't "cut" it. ;)

Yep, celcius.

And as I'm I'm the forsaken south (40 degrees) that's warm....

I prefer cutting , not in summer, but autumn and winter, and have plenty of dry timber on this property to get into. Both standing dead and loggers slash piles. So drying time isn't an issue.

And now it's all good to go, sharp chains are laid in for the 576 in chisel and semi chisel, 261 in chisel and for the 340 in chisel as well. Guess I need to go and get another big load soon.

Last year, work killed my chainsaw fun utterly...never even got into the woods! Unacceptable! I've got an 066 red light on the bench for some intensive TLC...piston, seals, fuel system, and maybe the unlimited coil. That one's going to mill some juniper for me. I'm also planning to finally put my OE 346xp project on the bench for a little doctoring. It's got a good top end but I did find a bigger bore setup for it. It's butt ugly, but it should be a good runner with a little grinding.

After that, I have a box of 394 and a box of 288. :msp_scared:

My benches are completely cluttered with unfinished projects, got two disassembled truck engines I'm working on and those parts are mixed in too. I got a box full of chains and those are presently spread all over our dining room table. That MUST be resolved before lunch time. (lest "she who must be obeyed" unleash her fury). I have a mug of hot coffee and am going to be starting on the table clearing task within five minutes.

Oh, I picked up the fuel hose for the Stihl 028 Super so I will try to get that back in close formation today as well. Someone is supposed to come look at a couple saws I have for sale but I'm not holding my breath.

Also have a firewood customer supposedly coming, yeah, we'll see...

Well, time to get the grindstone spinning...

Giant dude,

I wouldn't sweat the unlimited coil if the 066 is for milling duty.

Sound like you got some nice projects going, I gots to find me a 7 cube. It may get my enthusiasm back.

My benches are completely cluttered with unfinished projects, got two disassembled truck engines I'm working on and those parts are mixed in too. I got a box full of chains and those are presently spread all over our dining room table. That MUST be resolved before lunch time. (lest "she who must be obeyed" unleash her fury). I have a mug of hot coffee and am going to be starting on the table clearing task within five minutes.

Oh, I picked up the fuel hose for the Stihl 028 Super so I will try to get that back in close formation today as well. Someone is supposed to come look at a couple saws I have for sale but I'm not holding my breath.

Also have a firewood customer supposedly coming, yeah, we'll see...

Well, time to get the grindstone spinning...

Me thinks this is the only one the obeyed one would let into the house. And that would only be from Thanksgiving until New Year!

attachment.php

(tanks for the pic sawbones)

346xp waiting to have the base gasket taken off right now the squish is .29 with the gasket still on does that sound about right?

just the oldies!

got a remington super 754 on the bar downstairs right now getting the usual complete restoration...what a PITA that engine is to assemble!...working on the bar in winter allows me to keep one eye on the kiddos and the other on an 88CC powerhouse:)...while jammin out to Zepplin! waiting for the ground to solidify so i can test out the 5200, 655BP, and L65 on a tough hedgeapple in the food plot:) and taking video of the restored Homie 900D running this afternoon. Thing starts on the second pull! whatta beast!

Just finished a Jred 625II rebuild. Seals ring etc.
Now have a 026 to go thru, its got the good carb on it, gonn play with the muffler and ports and squish.
Have my new to me Vstrom DL1000 with all the tupper wear (fairings) off, am adding a power a commander and some usb and powerlet outlets to get ready for this years riding.:msp_biggrin:
Come on spring!!!

066 Flat Top

Old 066 flat top that's been in the wings for a while now. Pulled it down last weekend and cleaned parts all week. Ready to go back together, but I'm a little concerned about one case half and the crank and lookin' for opinions/advice on that in another thread with some pics. Don't want to double post, so here's the link if anyone wants to take a look and comment. If ya do check it out and comment, do it on that thread ta bump it for me, please. Hasn't generated much action, but there are a couple good takes on it from Jerry and JJ.

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/229722.htm

Also gonna be picking up an old Mac 250 today...complete, original bar, not bad shape. Last week it was a pretty nice C52.

(I'm broadening my horizons....and narrowing my wallet.):laugh:

Last edited:
Me thinks this is the only one the obeyed one would let into the house. And that would only be from Thanksgiving until New Year!

attachment.php

(tanks for the pic sawbones)

Is his name good old saint CHIP?:laugh:

Switched out the chain on the Stihl 029/039 and sent it down the road with a new owner. Put the fuel hose on the 028 Super and have it by the wood pile tweaking the carb adjustments. Need to put the top handle back on the Mac 10-10A and then that pair (rt and left hand start models) will be ready to sell. Need to sharpen up a chain for the new 026 I bought this week. It stopped raining for a while so better get on with my day.

Back