What's On Your Bench In 2018 ?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 625714
Is this still the bench thread, or is it now the non sugar processing cattle punching storm cleanup thread? My bench is inside for the moment. It's too damn cold to work out there and I don't want to stop.

It can be anything you want it to be sir. This is the interwebz.....and they is magical. :D

I know it's boring, but 1 Echo and 4 Stihl back pack blowers.

Just finished putting a new crankshaft, bearings , and piston in an 066.

Biggest concern is that all three of the ignition screw holes were stripped. Flywheel bearing went out and the fly wheel beat the hell out of it. So, the previous tech thought the ignition module was moving and proceed to strip it out tightening. I tapped it to 12-24 and used red Loctite. Hope it holds.

Oh, I forgot. An FS85 with no fire.

Boring, I know.

Have too many runners, nothing on the bench to work on. Hey Randy!

Hello Don.

How's the knife business my friend?

I know it's boring, but 1 Echo and 4 Stihl back pack blowers.

Just finished putting a new crankshaft, bearings , and piston in an 066.

Biggest concern is that all three of the ignition screw holes were stripped. Flywheel bearing went out and the fly wheel beat the hell out of it. So, the previous tech thought the ignition module was moving and proceed to strip it out tightening. I tapped it to 12-24 and used red Loctite. Hope it holds.

Oh, I forgot. An FS85 with no fire.

Boring, I know.

Not at all boring. What's truly mind numbing is working on the same jug for two days straight. Yesterday I did the machine work and poured the epoxy, today I'm setting port height on these six 661 jugs. I'll be lucky to have them all done before 8pm (my normal quitting time).

Tomorrow I'll reassemble them and do the mufflers.

Boring......for sure.

I'm looking forward to the new MS462, and the 572XP. I'll be in hog heaven learning what makes these new ones haul ass.

Hello Don.

How's the knife business my friend?

Not at all boring. What's truly mind numbing is working on the same jug for two days straight. Yesterday I did the machine work and poured the epoxy, today I'm setting port height on these six 661 jugs. I'll be lucky to have them all done before 8pm (my normal quitting time).

Tomorrow I'll reassemble them and do the mufflers.

Boring......for sure.

I'm looking forward to the new MS462, and the 572XP. I'll be in hog heaven learning what makes these new ones haul ass.
I don't care what anyone says...u r the man Moobs.

That's a nice 288! I'm more partial to what goes under that other cover on your bench o_O
Well it's actually my brother's bench.. We do most of our work there as he just has more room in his barn than I have in my garage. That cover is also his.... Goes to a 262 he is going to be getting started on soon

Latest posts

Back