what's on your bench?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of the other gunk that was in the tank,

alaska%202010%20171.jpg

alaska%202010%20183.jpg

Pioneerguy600

e85 burnin' McCulloch 7-10, Sachs Domar 133, Husqvarna 359, Sachs Dolmar 120 Super.

attachment.php

Happy to post that both the Pioneer RA and the Homelite 922 are now both fine runners, each has been gone through extensively and overhauled, new parts installed along with new Stihl .404 chisel chain, now they cut wood. Will take picts when the rain stops.

Pioneerguy600

Happy to post that both the Pioneer RA and the Homelite 922 are now both fine runners, each has been gone through extensively and overhauled, new parts installed along with new Stihl .404 chisel chain, now they cut wood. Will take picts when the rain stops.

Pioneerguy600

Rain, I remember it well. Here in southern Indiana we're in the middle of a pretty severe drought. We've had very little rain in weeks.

Well, the bench was getting a little crowded, with some remodeling debris, reloading projects, and an assortment of saws begging for maintenance of one sort or another...
View attachment 157422

Finally decided that if I wanted another saw, I should clean up and sell a couple that were not fitting into the plan. The first to get cleaned up and sold was the Husky 455 Rancher... Went pretty fast on CL.

View attachment 157423

While looking for a used 460/660, I came across a lonely 020T AV Super. It even got invited in to the kitchen for a while, after a thorough cleanup.

View attachment 157424

Got the bench kind of cleared for the Husky 45 to get a little cleaning and maintenance, before it goes out on CL. After that, I think the lowly little MS250 will get a muffler mod and an evaluation for whether I want to mess with trying to port a clamshell engine or not.

After that, maybe a muffler mod on the MS200T and by then the MS660 should be here in all it's splendor!
View attachment 157425

Last edited:
Rain, I remember it well. Here in southern Indiana we're in the middle of a pretty severe drought. We've had very little rain in weeks.

Its been raining here for 5 days in a row, water level is getting real high and some low lying areas are flooded as the water cannot drain off fast enough,rivers are overflowing and highways washed out or flooded and impassible. No problems for me as I am at a higher elevation, just can`t get stuff done outside that I like to.

Pioneerguy600

Its been raining here for 5 days in a row, water level is getting real high and some low lying areas are flooded as the water cannot drain off fast enough,rivers are overflowing and highways washed out or flooded and impassible. No problems for me as I am at a higher elevation, just can`t get stuff done outside that I like to.

Pioneerguy600

I've had to get the old Lawn Boy push mower out to mulch about 2 acres of leaves because the county wide "burn ban" is in order. If this continues I may have to ask you to mail me a couple of gallons of water down here.

I've had to get the old Lawn Boy push mower out to mulch about 2 acres of leaves because the county wide "burn ban" is in order. If this continues I may have to ask you to mail me a couple of gallons of water down here.

Better still, I will load 10,000 gallons and haul it down to you just to water your lawn, I will sneak in a few saws but them border guys always want to know what I am doing with all the saws, must think I am a chainsaw massacre type.

Pioneerguy600

Better still, I will load 10,000 gallons and haul it down to you just to water your lawn, I will sneak in a few saws but them border guys always want to know what I am doing with all the saws, must think I am a chainsaw massacre type.

Pioneerguy600

Well we might see the sun again tomorrow, it has been 6 days of rain and there is wide spread water damage here, 3 bridges washed out and lots of highways unusable especially in South West Nova. I am heading out to check my place on the lake, it should be ok but I have a lot of brush and wood that needs to be burned so it will be bonfire day if the weather cooperates. The saws will get a workout and so will I.

Pioneerguy600

Well we might see the sun again tomorrow, it has been 6 days of rain and there is wide spread water damage here, 3 bridges washed out and lots of highways unusable especially in South West Nova. I am heading out to check my place on the lake, it should be ok but I have a lot of brush and wood that needs to be burned so it will be bonfire day if the weather cooperates. The saws will get a workout and so will I.

Pioneerguy600

We got a lot over here too, Jerry, but nothing like what NS did. Close to 200 mils in yarmouth ? Thats like 8''. We only got 90.

Hope everything is allright soon.

We got a lot over here too, Jerry, but nothing like what NS did. Close to 200 mils in yarmouth ? Thats like 8''. We only got 90.

Hope everything is allright soon.

The only good thing about all this rain is that it gave me some time inside the shop. I got 8 saws cleaned up and off the bench, they are all running fine now. I also came across a smokin deal on a Honda generator, I have wanted one for a long time, a real Honda 3500 watt one that is. I would have missed out on it if I had been working.

Pioneerguy600

The si had stuck rings, and a salvagable cylinder.

The Super has no jug and a chunk out of the skirt.

Hell I bought them mostly for the full wrap handles.

Looks like the si will be a runner , new Meteor piston comin"!

attachment.php

I got a Homelite 1130G in pieces waiting for parts.

Just got a Mac 1-85 today so thats on the bench as
of now. Hope to have it running tonight.

Lee

Jerry I'm still jealous of you and all that rain, we still haven't had a drop. I read in the paper that the burn ban is on until at least next Monday. I decided to put everything aside tomorrow and go play some golf. There's green grass on the golf course, much unlike my yard.

Latest posts

Back