What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some parts in now just waiting for the carb rebuild parts. Then this ms290 will become a 390.
55ecf144e4ada4aec8e9b2c640848ad0.jpg
9ab04c708f5045cf65bff5324ce61587.jpg

Sent from my electronic leash

I'm going on the bench a week from tomorrow. The ulcerative colitis has gotten too severe and hasn't responded to any treatment. I ended up in the ER last Saturday with a fever of 102.6. I was released yesterday, but will be going back in next Friday the 11th to have my colon removed. It will be the first of three surgeries over the next 8-9 months. I'd appreciate your prayers as I begin this journey.

http://www.crohnscolitisfoundation.org/resources/removing-the-colon-surgical.html

I'm going on the bench a week from tomorrow. The ulcerative colitis has gotten too severe and hasn't responded to any treatment. I ended up in the ER last Saturday with a fever of 102.6. I was released yesterday, but will be going back in next Friday the 11th to have my colon removed. It will be the first of three surgeries over the next 8-9 months. I'd appreciate your prayers as I begin this journey.

http://www.crohnscolitisfoundation.org/resources/removing-the-colon-surgical.html
I don't know you, I've never had a conversation with you but we serve a mighty God. Prayers from Idaho my friend.

Hope all goes well Brad, prayers sent.

A positive mind gives hope to a positive outcome, stay positive and your body will pay it back to you. Good luck. :clap:

Just bought this 038 casing for £24, everything in the picture is in good usable condition minus the piston, which is getting canned for a magnum top end anyway.
I know it is an 038 but the mags have a soft spot in my heart.

Full strip and repaint in order here me thinks.

upload_2017-8-4_13-56-21.png

Sending prayers your way from Italy, Brad.

Hard to like this post Brad...I hope everything goes well and that you have a quick road back. While recovering make sure to check in here to keep us updated!

Do you build a lot of saws?
Sorry i missed you're post
Too busy to do many i finished my 2000 288 lite my oldest brother gave me when he retired from logging.
It's all new except bearings.
New meteor piston kit mahle cylinder original to the saw always a strong runner.
Seals av mounts carb kit fuel line etc. Feels new again i think i ran this one before he did back then lol
I'm building two more 288s for my friends they brought me a box of part's.
They are going to have to fight over the decomp saw it was my last one Lol 20170820_174022.jpg 20170820_172646.jpg 20170820_110621.jpg 20170820_110557.jpg

Man I'd love me a nice 288
I would like to keep all three lol
They used to be plentiful but no more the loggers went through all of them here it seems.
I hope the Chinese build a complete kit and full wraps for them.
They would make a fortune
Guy's here beg me to sell mine it's never leaving lol
I just need a oem chainbrake and I'm done with mine.
I've been having fun building the 365/372 china saw's over 14 gallons of mix through one so far.
I cut down a 268 piston for it and poleman built me a dolmar 7900 carb for it.
It's my favorite saw i use it all the time.20170808_201130.jpg

I would like to keep all three lol
They used to be plentiful but no more the loggers went through all of them here it seems.
I hope the Chinese build a complete kit and full wraps for them.
They would make a fortune
Guy's here beg me to sell mine it's never leaving lol
I just need a oem chainbrake and I'm done with mine.
I've been having fun building the 365/372 china saw's over 14 gallons of mix through one so far.
I cut down a 268 piston for it and poleman built me a dolmar 7900 carb for it.
It's my favorite saw i use it all the time.View attachment 597464
You have a nice 288 I'm jealous. If huztl would make 262, 288 and 2100 parts or kits people would be bouncing off the walls. Heck they'd sell 100's of 2100 chain brakes the second they hit the market. Plus there shouldn't be any hard feelings if they build discontinued parts and or saws. I've built 2 of the 365 kits both with ported big bores and defiantly a go to saw so I'm eager to see a 288 kit probably above anything else they build.

You have a nice 288 I'm jealous. If huztl would make 262, 288 and 2100 parts or kits people would be bouncing off the walls. Heck they'd sell 100's of 2100 chain brakes the second they hit the market. Plus there shouldn't be any hard feelings if they build discontinued parts and or saws. I've built 2 of the 365 kits both with ported big bores and defiantly a go to saw so I'm eager to see a 288 kit probably above anything else they build.
Same here i truly believe it would be very well received and a nice set of full wraps too lol
They still sell 288s in Brazil I'm told don't know for sure.

Mixed bag today -

Jonsereds XA diesel - new arrival - for a quick triage. Compression feels good. Other than being filthy, saw is in pretty darn good condition. Neat saw that uses propane to heat up a plug in the combustion chamber to get it started. And the kicker is that the propane is stored in the handle - it has a schrader valve on the back to fill it up. The Jonsered XA diesel is the successor to the Comet diesel.

252603672_fcb79619-cd57-40f1-9058-a06d4dca435e-1.jpg

And a Stihl Contra - very early model - serial 104XXX. Not sand cast, but still an early one. This one was lost somewhere between here and Germany for about a month, but finally arrived yesterday. Needed a bit of work on the recoil, but once fixed, it had good compression (125 psi) and starts on a prime. Needs to be gone through (fuel lines, filter, carb rebuild, etc), but this is definitely a very low hour saw - doesn't appear to have been buggered with at all, piston looks immaculate, and the exterior of the saw is not beat up at all. Also the first Contra that I've bought that has what appears to be the the original chip guard in place and complete. Has a newer style clutch cover and a few cracked ribs on the recoil cover but I have correct spares for both. Bought it PHO, but somewhere in the garage I have a spare 36" bar or two.

s-l1600-1.jpg s-l1600.jpg

Just have a couple in for a rebuild, an 029 and an 066, both needing a top end. The 026 had a small crack in the intake boot and I've tore the 029 down and didn't find anything but of course gonna put new seals in it when I do the piston/cylinder, I've checked the boot and pulse hose which looked okay. I usually replace the pulse hose anyway since they're cheap.

Sorry i missed you're post
Too busy to do many i finished my 2000 288 lite my oldest brother gave me when he retired from logging.
It's all new except bearings.
New meteor piston kit mahle cylinder original to the saw always a strong runner.
Seals av mounts carb kit fuel line etc. Feels new again i think i ran this one before he did back then lol
I'm building two more 288s for my friends they brought me a box of part's.
They are going to have to fight over the decomp saw it was my last one Lol View attachment 597455 View attachment 597456 View attachment 597457 View attachment 597458
Great looking saw!!

Back