What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20170826_162515.jpg 20170826_162439.jpg 20170826_162358.jpg
Great looking saw!!
Thanks i finished one of my friends 288s today it runs great as well.
I tuned it in wood after heat cycling it.
i'm waiting on a piston and wrist pin bearing and i will finish the third 288 it won't be pretty lol I've used up all the nicest part's
But it will run good.

I have to pick up a like new 346 that had an air leak toasted the topend.
And a jonsered 450 haven't worked on one of those in year's.

My bench today is full of Lawn Boy parts as I'm swapping engines to try to get one good engine and one good deck together. The engine I pulled out had little compression, I looked in the exhaust port holes and they were almost completely blocked with carbon as was the muffler. I'll swap in a decent engine and tackle that one later..

I'll eventually get back to working on chainsaws I hope, today I'm tackling the Wi Fi in my house. Seems the more I tinker with it the worse it gets...I ordered a book entitled "Wi Fi for Dummies", sounds pretty apt..
I assume you are talking about setting up a network in your house? Or are you having signal difficulties in some areas of your house? There are settings in your router that allow you to assign specific channels that can sometimes remedy signal issues when other devices are conflicting with your router. It's pretty straight forward once you get in there.

If you are setting up a network with multiple devices and users, and multiple profiles and permissions, I just have to say - have fun with that, ugh. You have my sympathies.

I assume you are talking about setting up a network in your house? Or are you having signal difficulties in some areas of your house? There are settings in your router that allow you to assign specific channels that can sometimes remedy signal issues when other devices are conflicting with your router. It's pretty straight forward once you get in there.

If you are setting up a network with multiple devices and users, and multiple profiles and permissions, I just have to say - have fun with that, ugh. You have my sympathies.
Actually, I bought a ROKU wireless television device from Walmart and it's on the opposite end of the house from my router so I bought a range extender which, after my tinkering, actually works worse than it did. The instructions were printed for someone with 15 year old eyes and I'm 74, even with glasses it's barely visible. I guess I can always call my ISP and have them come out and set it up for me as a last resort.. I also thought about just running some long wires so I can put the original router in the middle of the house, just thought wireless would be the neatest.

Maybe you can get the instructions from the manufacturer's website. I hate the micro print that manufacturers are using these days on packages and instructions. When is mankind going to develop technology that allows larger print that people can actually read?

So far I'm getting more info from people on the internet than I'll ever get from the instructions. This is a no-name device that I bought off ebay for cheap and I think it actually works but the problem as I see it is this non-techie that's trying to install it. I know some people who are more in the know and may enlist their help on this..

Got the Wi Fi up and running, all just a matter of passwords put in the right place. That being done I went to the garage and got the trusty log splitter out and split up about a rick or so of wood. I got most of it done but will have some left over to split up later, kinda ran out of daylight today.

My bench is covered in junk, but three projects are an 038 magnum basket case, an 036 that dribbles oil out the bottom by the adjuster screw, and an 084 that has been through the mill, both literally and so to speak. It stihl has 130 lbs and it runs, but I need to take it down and check it out, so I might as well re-ring it. I think it's probably too beat up to warrant a full restoration, but it could make a good runner.

Brought home a anvil today. It old and must weigh about 150lbs. I'm searching for a nice but end of a log to mount it on.
Should I sandblast it to clean it up?

We're going to need to see some pics of that fella.

I would not sandblast it; will change the texture. Use a wire brush on a drill or die grinder instead, and then coat it with boiled linseed oil. If you use BLO, dispose of the rags properly; spontaneous combustion is a definite probability if you leave them in your trash can...

Back