What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had this 590 for over four year's it was just muff modded and retuned been great no issues. tore it down recently and mildly ported with base gasket delete the piston and ring still looked new but i bent a circlip saving it for later.
I'm trying a golf piston and ring i had runs excellent now modified a Bailey's special oem20170424_200256.jpg 20170424_200232.jpg 372 full wrap for it handles great.

Found this old20170429_120734.jpg Kelly's boy's axe head in the woods year's ago they must have used it as a felling wedge i cleaned the head up and it's very sharp now20170429_120728.jpg neighbor gave me this very nice hickory handle great limbing axe light and fast.

Can you say AIR LEAK!!! This is on a 346XP that I ported and has been in commercial use for several years now. I went through the saw entirely because it wasn't performing correctly. It turned out that it was no longer going to WOT as the plastic end of the throttle rod and worn off. This seal has simply worn out, and worn the sealing lip off. The P&C and ring still look like new with almost no wear at all. I didn't even replace the ring. Thankfully, the operator is very good at tuning a saw, knew something wasn't right, and quit running it before the topend was hurt!

Seal_2-L.jpg

Seal_1-L.jpg

The saw would not idle down with the leaking seal. This is demonstrating that it can now be idled down until it dies.

Can you say AIR LEAK!!! This is on a 346XP that I ported and has been in commercial use for several years now. I went through the saw entirely because it wasn't performing correctly. It turned out that it was no longer going to WOT as the plastic end of the throttle rod and worn off. This seal has simply worn out, and worn the sealing lip off. The P&C and ring still look like new with almost no wear at all. I didn't even replace the ring. Thankfully, the operator is very good at tuning a saw, knew something wasn't right, and quit running it before the topend was hurt!

Seal_2-L.jpg

Seal_1-L.jpg

The saw would not idle down with the leaking seal. This is demonstrating that it can now be idled down until it dies.

Good save my customers just hammer down until catastrophic failure.

20170530_200807.jpg 20170531_164020.jpg Found some rare kelly axe single and double bit axe heads.
Two days in white vinegar really does a good job you just have to oil or put some kind of protection on them.
I found some nice hickory handles too.20170531_164503.jpg 20170601_200859.jpg 20170531_165148.jpg

I fixed this 011 for a friend and he gave me this 30s-50s era Kelly's single bit these are my favorite style of axes.20170528_175543.jpg 20170603_140239.jpg 20170603_140248.jpg

My bench has been idle. I've been dealing with complications from ulcerative colitis. I was admitted to the hospital for several days last weak with a CDIF infection. I'm at home recovering now. The Dr can't seem to be able to find a med to put me into remission.

We did help my daughter buy a car a couple weeks ago.
Anna's Car.jpg

My bench has been idle. I've been dealing with complications from ulcerative colitis. I was admitted to the hospital for several days last weak with a CDIF infection. I'm at home recovering now. The Dr can't seem to be able to find a med to put me into remission.

We did help my daughter buy a car a couple weeks ago.
View attachment 583868
At least she bought a chevy.
One less thing to worry about.

My late brother in laws axe a Kelly's.
I'm giving it to my nephew.20170608_174124.jpg

On my bench? An Airline 7 tube super heterodyne from 1936.

Any tube-radio guys out there?

It ain't real radio unless the it can heat your house when it's turned on.

had 48 chev, bout time motor was warmed up, radio was too.

this be on the bench. got runnin last nite

IMG_1389.JPG

image.jpeg A friend of mine's 357xp I cleaned cylinder up and put a meteor in a while back is still running strong was in for pull cord replace and I checked tune. Sweet running saw. 550xp on bench as well, wasn't oiling. Still troubleshooting it.

A friend has been using this broken handled 250 for firewood.
It got so it wouldn't start and has an oil leak.
I started working on it
It's got a trimmer pull handle makes it hard to hold on to pull it20170611_184759.jpg 20170611_185228.jpg 20170611_185521.jpg
And it had a lot of water in it.
Compression is good so i will go through it and fix it for him.
He can't afford another saw.

Back