What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stripped the 371 down split the case ,pulled the bearings cleaned the cases filed out the Crack on the front of the oil tank , sanded all the paint/powder coat off the area, cleaned again with lacquer thinner. Drop it at the welder tomorrow.

Rebuilding a MS250 that my dad straight gased several years ago. This saw will be a housewarming gift for my brother.

While rebuilding, I'm converting from the ez-start pull starter and the tooless chain tensioner to the standard setup.
IMG_6311.JPG
IMG_6309.JPG
IMG_6312.JPG

Fixed a stihl km90r new bulb and lines.
Got a free homelite looks new trimmer going mud daubers nest pulled the crap out of the muffler runs good now.20170617_131846.jpg 20170617_100146.jpg

Here's the 390XP that Andre, @Andyshine77 , sold and I volunteered to machine a popup piston in. Andre had already modded the muffler and installed an unlimited coil. I also advance the ignition. This saw has no port work. The wood is super hard and dry Ash. Not going to break any cutting speed records in this stuff!

Here's the 390XP that Andre, @Andyshine77 , sold and I volunteered to machine a popup piston in. Andre had already modded the muffler and installed an unlimited coil. I also advance the ignition. This saw has no port work. The wood is super hard and dry Ash. Not going to break any cutting speed records in this stuff!

Petrified forest wood

Good running and sounding saw.
I cut dead ash all the time for neighbor's.
It's hard filthy dangerous tree's to cut.
It is ready to burn as it hits the ground is the only positive lol

On the bench today - two ancient Partner R-11's. Not sure when these were produced, but production started in 1958. Anyway, they're both grimy as he11, but the one that I worked on the majority of the day today cleaned up nicely.

I started off just intending to do a good cleaning and triage, but the "might as well's" bit me in the arse. Compression is real low; the piston looks good, and so does the cylinder, but the rings look like they have some rust. Ruh-roh. And the crank seals don't look very good. Guess I need to see what parts I can buy for this sucker...

Scott
2017-06-11 19.25.44.jpg 2017-06-11 19.26.05.jpg

My most recent 3 across my bench are the:
1. Homelite 150 Automatic, freebe, bad rubber manifold, points worn to zero clearance, carb full of taffy, worn sprocket, final fix $28.01
2. Mini Mac 110 Eager Beaver freebe, ran fine with new starter cord/handle any help please with economical air cleaner/carb cover & screw. $0 so far...
3. 2nd Peerless Chain Model 35 grinder, pretty rusty needing non damaging forced disassembly.
Pix instantly available in my gallery albums listed below.
When do you officially graduate to CAD? 5 years ago I had 1 poulan saw. today...39.
Most of them have run or currently do run, and the vast majority were given as freebe's.

I was given a bunch of Homelite saws and parts, all Super EZ. I now have 4 complete saws which run. I had nothing better to do so I dipped into the parts box and retrieved enough parts to build yet another one. I have spares for about any part on the saw so I should get it running sometime. If I don't use too many of the spares I might try to build yet another. Running a little low on bars and chains at this point but I think I know where I can find a few if I need them..

My most recent 3 across my bench are the:
1. Homelite 150 Automatic, freebe, bad rubber manifold, points worn to zero clearance, carb full of taffy, worn sprocket, final fix $28.01
2. Mini Mac 110 Eager Beaver freebe, ran fine with new starter cord/handle any help please with economical air cleaner/carb cover & screw. $0 so far...
3. 2nd Peerless Chain Model 35 grinder, pretty rusty needing non damaging forced disassembly.
Pix instantly available in my gallery albums listed below.
When do you officially graduate to CAD? 5 years ago I had 1 poulan saw. today...39.
Most of them have run or currently do run, and the vast majority were given as freebe's.
If you only had a 330 Homie you would have the three saws I hate to work on the most..

Back