What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished this one, a Stihl ms250 with a new aftermarket p/c. IMG_20200107_155412.jpg

This has just become my newest saw that I hate the most to work on. I hope there is a separate hell for the Stihl engineers who designed this, where they are sentenced to eternity dissembling and assembling them.

It's like they said "let's design a saw that has an incredibly cramped setup where everything interferes with everything else, and it has to be put together in exactly the right sequence or you're screwed".

Pretty much the only redeeming qualities of this saw are the light weight (just a hair over 10 lbs) and the inboard clutch.
But then again I'm used to working on older simpler saws that are easy to work on, so forgive the rant.

Homelite SXL Auto, just about done.

Just waiting on my spool of fuel line to show up now. I replaced the front grip with one that has cushion on it, I also replaced the spur sprocket with a Rim/Drum. I ended up having to replace the Air Filter, the original one has a deformation in it where it had sat for so long. The Carb. is rebuilt. I also added the bucking spikes.

I'm thinking of taking it from a 7 pin 3/8 to a 8 pin .325 and putting a 20" speedcut bar/chain on it to pick up some chain speed.

IMG_20200108_213532880.jpg
IMG_20200108_213610815.jpg

My husqvarna 350 is on the bench tonight. No disassemble number 5 yes disassemble.......I been holding off but the compression seems low. I have new crankbearings, seals, gaskets, piston.

My husqvarna 350 is on the bench tonight. No disassemble number 5 yes disassemble.......I been holding off but the compression seems low. I have new crankbearings, seals, gaskets, piston.
Johnny 5 that thing. My PM555 was screaming the same thing as I ripped it apart, funny you mentioned that, wife asked me what I was doing to it I told her "I Johnny 5'd it's ass".

Johnny 5 that thing. My PM555 was screaming the same thing as I ripped it apart, funny you mentioned that, wife asked me what I was doing to it I told her "I Johnny 5'd it's ass".

Love the "Short Circuit" "references, loved those movies, I'm sure anyone who didn't live through the 80's would have no idea what you guys are talking about, haha.

Los Locos kick your balls into outer space!

Yota, are you all using Delrin/UHMW/etc. slugs for cylinders when turning down the base? or are you using alum/steel? I have seen them made from steel but had wondered if others where using Delrin or UHMW for it. Guessing under sizing a slug a couple thou?

Back