What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duce, correct me if I'm wrong. When it comes to the 365 and 365 special. My understanding is the 365 is open port and 365 special is closed port???

Here is this 365sp. Believe 365 is closed. Some have Zama or walbro carbs. For sureIMG_20191230_192249600.jpg IMG_20191230_192219069.jpg 365sp has side chain tensioner.

Well the PM700 is just about done. I had to replace the tank gasket, fuel line, fuel filter, rebuild carb, rebuild fuel cap, new air filter and new spark plug. I ordered is a starter cover previously since this one had mag rot so that will be getting replaced as soon as I get two more parts delivered but I think I may just take them from the PM 555 that I am restoring as well for now since the 555 wont be ready until this spring when I can repaint it. I think someone tried to repaint the 700 and didn't do worth squat on it, I can see a different color underneath on a few parts but the paint is peeling off the oil tank cover and lower rear handle pretty badly. Excellent compression and the piston looks great through the ports. Whoever ends up with it will have a good work saw.

Next on the block is a Homelite Super XL Auto that just showed up from Fleebay. The guy said it was a barn find and I swear I don't think this thing has 10 min of run time on it. I believe it just sat in the barn. This pic was ripped from the listing and the saw looks even better than the pics. I bought a NOS front handle with rubber grip and a set of spikes for it already.
s-l1600.jpg

Well the PM700 is just about done. I had to replace the tank gasket, fuel line, fuel filter, rebuild carb, rebuild fuel cap, new air filter and new spark plug. I ordered is a starter cover previously since this one had mag rot so that will be getting replaced as soon as I get two more parts delivered but I think I may just take them from the PM 555 that I am restoring as well for now since the 555 wont be ready until this spring when I can repaint it. I think someone tried to repaint the 700 and didn't do worth squat on it, I can see a different color underneath on a few parts but the paint is peeling off the oil tank cover and lower rear handle pretty badly. Excellent compression and the piston looks great through the ports. Whoever ends up with it will have a good work saw.

Next on the block is a Homelite Super XL Auto that just showed up from Fleebay. The guy said it was a barn find and I swear I don't think this thing has 10 min of run time on it. I believe it just sat in the barn. This pic was ripped from the listing and the saw looks even better than the pics. I bought a NOS front handle with rubber grip and a set of spikes for it already.
View attachment 784130

I'd like to find a Homelite like that one of these days... something in the 60 - 80cc range.

Took the 700 out, 4th pull and she popped, pushed the choke in and on the 5th pull she came to life. Three adjustments and she was purring. I will see what it takes to start it when it's cold but warm all it takes is getting it past the first compression stroke and it fires right up. This saw had the reed type muffler on it but the reed was broken when I got it and without that reed you know your next to a McCulloch and no one is gonna want to stand to the side of you.

Got to love how easy it is to adjust and SDC carb. After I was done with the 700 I took the cover off the Homelite SXL Auto to see what kit I would have to order for the carb just to see an SDC sitting in there also :happybanana:.

My fresh 298 is going on the bench as it wouldn't start this evening when I had a couple cuts to make. After a lot of rope pulling, yelling, and pain from the high compression suddenly stopping the rope I just fired up my 045 and made the cuts. While I'm peeved at the saw, I now have a memorable experience with it that could provide a suitable name for it.

Ported and reassembled a 044, reassembled a ported 350 w/346 cyl I had don’t awhile back (3years) and muffler modded the “ugly duckling” a mix matched 350 with 45mm flat top piston, metal clamp and a EL42, runs pretty good for a parts saw.

Attachments

• 6344847B-7C31-422F-A63F-9EC3AFBAA85E.jpeg
    6344847B-7C31-422F-A63F-9EC3AFBAA85E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • B116D0F7-D9C8-4481-A381-67E1D244A622.jpeg
    B116D0F7-D9C8-4481-A381-67E1D244A622.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 9
  • FFCE12BD-5E33-4DDC-AAD7-053646CCEB1F.jpeg
    FFCE12BD-5E33-4DDC-AAD7-053646CCEB1F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
A Husky 350 replaced the exhaust bolts.
It's starts, sits and idles, first when you rev it.
Ordered a new carb kit for it but may play with it till it gets here. Sounds like a broken diagram.

A Husky 350 replaced the exhaust bolts.
It's starts, sits and idles, first when you rev it.
Ordered a new carb kit for it but may play with it till it gets here. Sounds like a broken diagram.
Go with the EL42 replacement and plug the primer bulb port.

Sadly I had to side line the 066 project because I now need a cylinder for it. Otherwise she’s ready to be ported.

so I got this sexy girl out. Very happy with this purchase. Seems relatively low hour. Top end is in great shape. I think the blue coil is new, compression is nuts and overall it’s in great shape. I will just be replacing consumable parts and porting it. If anyone is interested in buying it shoot me a pm

C9C3AB8E-CE38-4E5A-A0BC-7D68CA33050F.jpeg 88275D85-96C1-4562-AE53-D94DF7D46032.jpeg AF717CAC-5606-44DA-B372-C00D0DF8EFBB.jpeg

Really nice looking 288 Yota.

Finally started in on the SXL Auto tonight, ordered in 25' of Echo 3x5mm fuel line. I pulled the muffler cover and not even a carbon mark on the piston, this thing is gorgeous inside. My Walbro SDC carb rebuild kit came in today (I always keep one as a backup as well). So as soon as the fuel line gets here it will have carb rebuilt, new fuel line and fuel filter. I also got in a NOS rim/drum so I will convert it from spur sprocket as well. Air filter and plug are still new so I won't bother with those for now, but I already have backups here and waiting if I do need them.

Before porting all stock setup After porting same setup same log

sounds good! the lil E 2511T is a decent saw stock. I refer to mine as a hornet! :chainsaw:

but, no doubt if u worked it over... I could refer to it as a super hornet! :D

got after some big stuff for me just the other day...
P6060011.JPG

sounds good! the lil E 2511T is a decent saw stock. I refer to mine as a hornet! :chainsaw:

but, no doubt if u worked it over... I could refer to it as a super hornet! :D

got after some big stuff for me just the other day...
View attachment 786242

In stock form I didn’t really like the saw. Too underpowered for me. But ported it’s an animal. Even with the stock 3/8 setup. I did move to the 1/4 pitch setup and it’s smoother but actually cuts slightly slower

Back