What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunday funday! This is aboot 15ft from the bench.... that count???

2nd shift managers at work, 2000 Polaris Trailblazer. Starter went for a f**k off. Along with the original chain and sprockets.

Both steering post bushings getting upgraded and a few other small bits. Got to use the hot stapler on the rear fender plastic here also. The T-REX tape covering the cracks was just pedestrian....... NFG.

1689560185765.png 1689560231308.png 1689560275109.png 1689560319250.png

The last one on my bench was a Poulan 2000. Nice little saw, ran very well but wouldn't shut off other than using the choke. Thought it was the kill switch but turned out to be an open winding in the ignition module. I put another module in and now it runs just fine and shuts off with the switch. This one also has a good chain oiler..

Jred 630 resurrection. Got the full spa treatment. New crank seals, o-rings, x-ring, fuel hose, fuel filter, carb kit, OEM single ring piston, and other miscellaneous bits. Original piston gave up the ghost, not a scratch on the cylinder thankfully. Turned out pretty good in the end.
View attachment 1092961View attachment 1092962View attachment 1092963View attachment 1092965

"Société Co-Op" is French for something like "cooperative enterprise". Sounds sort of communist, guess they liked the red? :lol:
Waterloo is a town in the French speaking part of Belgium, just south of Brussels. It's where Napoleon was defeated in 1815.
Quite a chance that saw spent some time in my country :) .

Hmmmmm.... 2 fit and worked just fine. I have worked a few of the cHiNa clones that had 2 o-rings on every 1 of them so I just thought it was missing from factory or was worked on before and left out. Thanks.
Yeah the China clones that I’ve worked on had two as well. The Honda does have two grooves on the idle jet, have only ever seen the one o-ring though. IPL shows one o-ring as well. Maybe they intended to run two but later decided it wasn’t necessary. Can’t imagine they’re saving a bunch of money on a part that small but you never know.

My local tree service friend dropped off two 2511T's, said they won't adjust and hold a tune...

20230718_172413.jpg

One didn't seem to have any problems...the other had issues...

20230718_143117_003.jpg

I resealed the cylinder/base only to discover the crankcase was leaking as well.

20230718_145433.jpg

I was able to get the crankcase and the cylinder/base sealed up, corrected the leaky connection at the intake (to the cylinder), replaced the fuel pump diaphragm (seemed a little stiff) and it still wouldn't start and run correctly. I was getting ready to start swapping the coil and carburetor from the good runner to try and narrow it down when I check the spark plug...there was a lot of carbon accumulated between the body and the extended insulator, the plug just plain looked bad. I swapped plugs and all problems were resolved...I even had another new plug on hand so once I can get the chains sharpened he will be back in business.

These saws are really fairly easy to work on, but I never did figure out how to replace the fuel line and the purge return. Those lines are very cleverly tucked away in a region I could not access. I did pressurize the fuel line just to make sure it was O.K. fairly early in the testing phases.

20230718_143105.jpg

Do all 2511T's have a removable bit in the transfers?

20230718_143841.jpg

20230718_143306.jpg

20230718_151437.jpg

It was a busy afternoon.

Mark

Latest posts

Back