What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
372 handlebar?? is there a thread??
TIA
Why yes It is sir!
And there maybe a thread out there somewhere, but not any that I used for my ideas, I watched a few different videos and got a few ideas of my own and kinda did it a little different than one of the videos the way it mounts to the bottom. But it works and I love it!
Maybe I should write one up with pics and post

I’ll follow the painting action that @The Stig got on the go there, lookin great by the way buddy! I Love givin old things new life with a bitta fresh paint!
Put a little special touch on my 266 full wrap like I did to my 55 build, seems to holding up well on her so why not try it again 🤷🏻‍♂️

290DD510-90C2-4616-86B5-47DFAD3C0268.jpeg
17FB39EB-25F1-42A0-A8F1-A0AE32C0A7E5.jpeg

Why yes It is sir!
And there maybe a thread out there somewhere, but not any that I used for my ideas, I watched a few different videos and got a few ideas of my own and kinda did it a little different than one of the videos the way it mounts to the bottom. But it works and I love it!
Maybe I should write one up with pics and post
I found one video on it. I would like to see how you attached yours on the bottom, if you don’t mind.

I found one video on it. I would like to see how you attached yours on the bottom, if you don’t mind.
I am thinking about working on making a thread about it now, but here is a pic of how I mounted it across the bottom, there is a 1/16” to 1/8” riser plate (not sure of exact thickness off hand) underneath the mounting surface to allow the bar to clear the crank case on the clutch side, also I filed a round relief in the bar where the crank case is to make a little more wiggle room there. 5B697E22-6A1A-483A-ADC7-B7FB2959A5C4.jpegB2A6DD87-80F8-4D94-BD2E-269B01583B8D.jpeg

I am thinking about working on making a thread about it now, but here is a pic of how I mounted it across the bottom, there is a 1/16” to 1/8” riser plate (not sure of exact thickness off hand) underneath the mounting surface to allow the bar to clear the crank case on the clutch side, also I filed a round relief in the bar where the crank case is to make a little more wiggle room there. View attachment 1129895View attachment 1129896
Thank you, I appreciate it. I have a OEM handle on the way to me for just over $40.00. Not too bad.
I’ll be watching for that thread.

That was a original 61 all OEM , View attachment 1129227
May have actually found one in a box of parts that makes a full saw 😂 waiting on a reply now to see when I can go pick it up!
I have a spare orange one but it’s for the older style like this one on my 55 and won’t work on my newer style one for the 266
F8F42A40-B28C-4B26-9905-E2A8235656E2.jpeg

I’d like to find a NOS , there out there somewhere,
Would Be nice yep!
This one’s a runner but definitely gotta pick with it a little tomorrow, popped out the plug and piston and cylinder look fine, has good compression
Can’t wait to see what my first 266 looks like all oranged out now when I get the flag on

Would Be nice yep!
This one’s a runner but definitely gotta pick with it a little tomorrow, popped out the plug and piston and cylinder look fine, has good compression
Can’t wait to see what my first 266 looks like all oranged out now when I get the flag on
In the meantime, have to settle for this lol , IMG_2156.jpegIMG_2149.jpeg

Latest posts

Back