What's the best BS sales pitch you ever got from a dealer?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to a fried chicken joint a while back and ordered a ordered a 3 piece with a biscuit substituted for the fries....$5.39. I give the lady a 10, she disappears for a few minutes, I see the other employees laughing an cutting up and she finally shows back up and hands me 4 dollar bills and a penny. Before she can close the window, I ask her where the rest of my change is and she says "oh" and shuts the window. About 5 minutes later, she opens the window again, hands me the rest of the change and starts to shut the window again. I stop her again and ask her where my order is. She looks all puzzled, reaches outside of view, pulls out a bag, hands it to me and shuts the window. They still got the order wrong and it wasn't warm anymore but I was tired or waiting and wanted to get out of there before blowing a gasket.
I've had so many bad experiences with fast food joints that I won;t go unless there is nowhere else available. Chick Fil A is the exception, they are super clean and the employees are courteous.....its what I imagine restaurants were like in the 50's.

I know this Forum is about saws and such but I just got back from the National Taco chain joint where my order comes out to be $6.48. I say to myself O.K, you've got enough ones in your wallet so I give her a Ten, a One and 48 cents in change. I get this blank stare and the reactor starts to shut down. She looks at me wearing a World of Outlaws sweatshirt and an Echo cap like I just fripping fell offa mars.

He comes Mr. assistant manager to assist the cashier, he's lost, no help from that dude, here comes the manager on duty, all 300 pounds of her, she's lost so I says to myself;

Time for Jerrys theoretical mathematics course. I get three blank stares in return when I try to explain I need a five dollar bill in return. Miss manager on duty puffs out and says, " we don't normally do that". Do what, give someone their correct change?

In the post I did on this thread I talked about having faith in Americas young people, cancel that.

I says, give me my money back, whip out my card, enter pin, get order and get the hell out of there before I blow a gasket.

The guy behind me nearly had a stroke he was laughing so hard.

God bless America!

:givebeer:

And any other alcohol; you got!

If you really want to confuse em...

Say your bill is $4.45. Give em $11.50 :)

They damn near have a melt down while you stand there looking annoyed. You can honestly see their wheels spinning while they stare at the register trying to calculate it out....

Just got done eating my two cold tacos with nachos with cheese that had the consistency of crude oil, phone rings, it's the wife down in Wichita. Tell her the story and she says;

" That's why I always go to the cash register and you go find a table".

Smart woman, maybe that's why we've been married 28 years.

P.S. Sam got most of the :censored:tacos.

Jerry.

Went into a local Stihl dealer a while ago to buy a 7/32" file guide (I like the Stihl file guides :) ).
Guy behind the counter goes "so you've got the big chain have you?"
I've said "Excuse me?"
He repeats himself again.
I tell him "I've got 3/8" chain" so he tells me I need the 13/64" file guide.
I tell him "no I don't".
He tells me "yes I do".
When I said that I use Carlton chain and need a 7/32" file and Stihl are the only ones recommending 13/64" files on their 3/8" chain I could tell he thought I was an idiot.
Typical Stihl guy, no other saw, chain, or bar brand exists :)

Only positive is they had a couple of 660's in stock. I bet they hardly ever sell any of them in my area though. 20" is a big bar to most people around here, even those that have a lot to do with saws...

If you really want to confuse em...

Say your bill is $4.45. Give em $11.50 :)

They damn near have a melt down while you stand there looking annoyed. You can honestly see their wheels spinning while they stare at the register trying to calculate it out....

Why would you want $7.05 back? That's as strange as them not being able to figure it out :dizzy:

Why would you want $7.05 back? That's as strange as them not being able to figure it out :dizzy:

Why would you want 5.55 back? you already have at least 50 cents in your pocket if you are giving the lady 11.50. so the two bucks screws with them.....

I do this all the time and get blank stares from people... I really like when they hand the change back and say the 10 will cover it.....if that happens I get the change and put my change with it and say can I now have a 5 back.....then they usually get it

Why would you want 5.55 back? you already have at least 50 cents in your pocket if you are giving the lady 11.50. so the two bucks screws with them.....

I do this all the time and get blank stares from people... I really like when they hand the change back and say the 10 will cover it.....if that happens I get the change and put my change with it and say can I now have a 5 back.....then they usually get it

IDK I guess your right in a way to if there was a right and wrong to this. I would just rather have the 5 instead of the singles and the change goes in the holder for the end of the year spending fund

If I go anywhere to buy anything and I know more about the product than the sales person I let them know kinda subtle, just to remind them that if they really want to keep their job, it should be the other way around.
Car salesmen are the worst, they practice their pitch and bullschitt but need to review the brochure to answer the easiest of inquiries. Joke.

Simply to screw with em. You'll get several that will stand there confused as hell...even though their cash register tells them exactly what to do :)

If I go anywhere to buy anything and I know more about the product than the sales person I let them know kinda subtle, just to remind them that if they really want to keep their job, it should be the other way around.

I hate that. I'm looking at putting a new stove for next year and there is a dealer that just added PE to their line up. Stopped by and found they had them for a month and the salesman didn't even know what models they had on the floor, much less what they were going to charge for them. I had to tell him what the 3 models were and realized asking him any other questions would be pointless. All he could tell me they were good stoves because they only handle the best brands.

I know this Forum is about saws and such but I just got back from the National Taco chain joint where my order comes out to be $6.48. I say to myself O.K, you've got enough ones in your wallet so I give her a Ten, a One and 48 cents in change. I get this blank stare and the reactor starts to shut down. She looks at me wearing a World of Outlaws sweatshirt and an Echo cap like I just fripping fell offa mars.

He comes Mr. assistant manager to assist the cashier, he's lost, no help from that dude, here comes the manager on duty, all 300 pounds of her, she's lost so I says to myself;

Time for Jerrys theoretical mathematics course. I get three blank stares in return when I try to explain I need a five dollar bill in return. Miss manager on duty puffs out and says, " we don't normally do that". Do what, give someone their correct change?

In the post I did on this thread I talked about having faith in Americas young people, cancel that.

I says, give me my money back, whip out my card, enter pin, get order and get the hell out of there before I blow a gasket.

The guy behind me nearly had a stroke he was laughing so hard.

God bless America!

:givebeer:

And any other alcohol; you got!

I do that all the time! They usually try and hand me back some money, saying that the $20 or the $10 will cover it... I look at them right back with a stupified look and say "Please, for me, just press the amount that I gave you into the computer"... They do, then you can see the light come on when it tells them to give me $5.05 back...

FWIW, I worked at "The Bell" when I was in High School, and didn't have any problem when people did that, from day one... I'm 29 years old now, too, but then Purdue later thought enough of me to give me a piece of paper for Engineering...

Just sayin; it ain't all of us... :)

Mike

What is really sad, is most folks today CANNOT make change the old fashioned way, starting with the amount of the sale and count up to the bill they were handed to pay for it. And Lord help them if someone hands them an odd coin to get an even amount back in their change. They taught me that in the first grade back in the 1960's, and even with my old age brain farts, I can still do it.......

Latest posts

Back