What's the best BS sales pitch you ever got from a dealer?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Husqvarna saws are made with such close tolerances, that the saws
will run without rings.......

Errrr, ring...... In many cases....................

Boards don't hit back.........

Just like the title says, If you have any funny stories about dealings with dealers or sellers put them up for people to get a chuckle out of it lol. Even if its something you overheard a dealer telling another customer. :)

"we don't pressure test saws, just put a new OEM piston cylinder ($$$) on...........$500...."

Just like the title says, If you have any funny stories about dealings with dealers or sellers put them up for people to get a chuckle out of it lol. Even if its something you overheard a dealer telling another customer. :)

I bought a new truck a couple months back. He asked if I wanted to trade my other truck in and I told him I wasn't interested. He kept asking so I let him look at it. The truck only has 44K miles on it. He gives me a line of BS that the seat cushions are wore out and it will cost 500 dollars to replace it plus another 500 to clean the undercarriage. I told him from the get go I was going to sell it knowing I would get low balled by a dealer, but this guy really pissed me off coming up with this BS. Anyone replace their seat cushions every 44K miles?

I bought a new truck a couple months back. He asked if I wanted to trade my other truck in and I told him I wasn't interested. He kept asking so I let him look at it. The truck only has 44K miles on it. He gives me a line of BS that the seat cushions are wore out and it will cost 500 dollars to replace it plus another 500 to clean the undercarriage. I told him from the get go I was going to sell it knowing I would get low balled by a dealer, but this guy really pissed me off coming up with this BS. Anyone replace their seat cushions every 44K miles?

not 44k but every 30k,,,,

:laugh:

I had a dealer tell me once that the line of equipment he sold would always start with 1 to 2 pulls on the starter, He demonstrated one to me and he pulled 8 times.:dizzy:

"If you buy one of these saws, it will be the last one of these saws you ever buy." STIHL, poorly worded and almost a threat.

"It is turbo charged, like a truck, huge power." JONSERED, yeah he was serious.

"No Chinese in these saws." HUSQVARNA 395, because when I asked about the 3120 he told me "Husqvarnas only ever had 3 letters". I did not asked about the Chinese he just started his sales pitch that way.

"It is the biggest saw ever made." DOLMAR, oh yeah it was special in that store.

"We do not sell many saws so we only sell the best ones we can." ECHO, an actual dealer of Echo followed that statement with something along the lines of "Most people just do not cut down trees anymore".

Oh man.... :laugh:

"with Husqvarnas air injection system you will never have to clean the air filter"

"we can only sell non-safety chain to professionals with insurance"

"Dolmar is the fastest production saw on earth" ... yes I was actually told that. :laugh:

“you can’t sharpen a saw chain with a file, you’ll have to bring it to us to have it sharpened.”

"you can't do anything to make a chainsaw to run better, the engineers have already made it go as fast as it can from the factory."

"a muffler mod will blow up your saw"

"running 'airplane fuel' will cause your saw to run to hot and melt the piston"

"if you don't use Stihl oil you have to mix it at 25:1 or you'll blow up the saw"

"Stihl only delivers parts on the first of the month so we have to wait on them"

:laugh:

BS comes in many forms, gotta know how to use it to your advantage. Example:

This past Saturday evening around 3pm a man walked in the shop carring a 24 inch chain in his hand. He asks would I mind sharpening for him. I go no problem, fill out this tag. He goes but I need it done today, I'm sawing wood tomorrow. I go is that the only chain you have. He goes yes. I go you know if you had two chains you would be out sawing wood today instead of in here. He goes your right, I'll buy a new one too. I go ok. I take his chain and its a Oregon. I go what kind of saw you using this on. He goes a Husky 372. I stop and go you got alot of nerve man, wanting me to sharpen a chain for a competing brand on the spot, if I had known that you'd be filling out that tag. All I'm doing is messing with him and he finally realized it and started laffing. I asked is that the only saw ya got, he goes yes. I go isn't it kinda big to be limbing with, he goes well yeah. When he left he was toting a new MS211 home with him all because of that fun line of BS I fed him. BS can be a great thing if used right...

Back