What's the best weather for firewood cutting?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
today was great...65...no breeze...mostly sunny...shorts and tank top weather...cut grass ...weed wacked ...sold 3 face cords of ash...the ****** buffalo bills won...can't get much better than that...sorry about the cuss word svk...;);)
:givebeer:

I will agree it was a nice day in WNY and i cant believe the bills won.

I prefer the fall, weather is cooler and less humid. Plus once the leaves change it socially acceptable to wear flannel and grow a beard, that way you feel like a real lumberjack:laughing::laughing:

I prefer the fall, weather is cooler and less humid. Plus once the leaves change it socially acceptable to wear flannel and grow a beard, that way you feel like a real lumberjack:laughing::laughing:

Haha I always grow a beard in the fall and I have put flannel on to cut or split wood because it feels appropriate.

I like temps in the 40's. wear a jacket to the woods and take it off when the saw cranks up. I am thinking the next few weeks there will be plenty of scrounge after this big storm coming thru. Probably hit scrounging pretty hard for a while.

I like cutting, hauling, splitting in the fall. Now until it gets too muddy. It's not too hot and humid, and the bugs aren't bad. The ground is dry for the most part so it's easy to get into the woods. Winter is good sometimes, just depends on the ground conditions more than anything here. It gets too hot in the summer, and there is also too much else to do then.

I have boys 8, 3 and 20 months. The older one doesn't like helping too much, and it's like pulling teeth to help with outside chores. The 2 younger ones are great. They love being outside anytime they can. Last night we all went to my mom's for supper. Then I cut up a big ash tree she had cut down. My mom and my wife both had to hold the 2 younger ones back while I was using the saw. They want to help so much. I took a break for a minute and the 20 month old had his hands on the handles of the saw trying to pick it up. They love firewood and the 4 wheeler. The 3 year old prays are supper time on his own. He gets a sweet little voice and says thank for letting us be outside, thank you for the 4 wheelers, and thank you for the food. Every night he's grateful for the 4 wheelers and being outside.

Try processing firewood with 2 kids under 3 at home...that is your break.

I put two kids thru daycare at near $1000 a month for five years or better by doing firewood. Delivered farther than I should have, sold for less than I should have, but got it done. A 362 or 441 at full throttle was a peaceful moment back then ... :)

Luckily I don't have to pay for day care because on a construction workers salary I couldn't. Any outside chores are time to my self but I work as much as I can weather it's for money during the week or cash on the weekends or wood for heat or working on the house. I'm one of those few millennials who enjoys working and doesn't play video games.

I put two kids thru daycare at near $1000 a month for five years or better by doing firewood. Delivered farther than I should have, sold for less than I should have, but got it done. A 362 or 441 at full throttle was a peaceful moment back then ... :)

That's great. Families count on stuff like that. That's y I have 8 million tools to keep my small world going.

Latest posts

Back