What's the deal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reachtreeservi

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Stihl Ms 361 C-q
Anybody own or ever run one of these saws. What about the secondary chain braking system, Good thing or serious hassle?

reachtreeservi said:
Stihl Ms 361 C-q
Anybody own or ever run one of these saws. What about the secondary chain braking system, Good thing or serious hassle?

Same saw with two, not one, chain breaking systems. Take your hand off the back handle and she locks the chain. Pointless to most but there for the most safety minded person. Poor seller.

Sounds like a saw for people who should not be using a saw, what next?

Do a search on this site for "361C." This gets asked alot. Skip the C or CQ or whatever. If you're gonna rely on that for your safety, you're best not using a saw. Plus the fact that it'll only add to chainbrake wear, and I don't know about you, but I want my chain brake at 100% if and when I need it! It's a homeowner gimmick. As I always say when this question gets asked, if it was a worthwhile pro feature you'd see it on the 440, 460, and 660 but you don't.

Jeff

It was orginally made to meet a state/city requirement for bid in California... I hate to think how few of these got sold.

The MS280 CQ version has been dropped; now its just an MS280 at lower price. No tears shed here...

Shame it wasn't a bit more useable.

I guess the city got sick of cuts and decided to try and do something about it. Training? Too expensive. Another saw feature? Why not!

I guess all good features have to be tried at some time. The duds disappear into history...

Latest posts

Back