What's the verdict on Ceramic bearings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s your opinion. Never said anything about needing them. I’m interested in learning about them and hearing first hand experience. As of now the price difference for a set of new bearings for a Stihl compared to a set of ceramics are about $50.
I'm looking into some for a hotrod 660 I'm building and the only real world experience I have is that I'm a motorcycle technician that has worked for a Moto America circuit race team and we used full ceramic wheel bearings on our bikes and they had to be replaced quite often but of course were a much faster bearing so I'm also going for a hybrid in my build to get the best of both worlds. I need to get some for my 180 that I put some serious time into modifying cause it already rips scary rpm. I mean I haven't seen anyone on here talk about knife edge and balancing a crank like I did on my 180. I'm about to slap a 20in bar on it now to tame it slightly lol.

Latest posts

Back