Whats the worst thing you've lost or left at a job site?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lost lots of things but the one that really ticks me off is stolen tailgates . I've had 2 swiped from me. Now I have a chain running to frame from the gate .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On the pickup tailgates I put a hose clamp around the hinge and fill the screw driver slot with epoxy. It's not theft proof but I figure it's probably not going to be worth the extra effort on their part.

Just lost a pair of fairly new felcos. Ugg!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The correct tree that was "supposed" to be removed !
You would think if they are not going to be home they would at least mark it! Then there are people who are home and who never come out to talk to you or let you know they are there and when you leave and call to get paid they say they were home.

A cherry 026 pro. I really, really wish I could blame someone else. Just finished a "freeby" for the Mrs. best friend. She came out to talk, I set the saw on my trailer as it was still hot, we talked a couple minutes. Just as I was about to put the saw in the back of the truck, my phone rings about another job. Jumped in the truck and drove off talking to the perspective customer, didn't even think about the 026 until I got home.

I'm still mad at myself.

Years ago I left a 038 super under a customers back steps when we went to lunch...got back and it was gone. Last spring we had 150 feet of almost new 3/4 inch stable braid disappear from the job. We still don't know what happened there.

We had another crew working down the street from us that forgot a climber. He walked into the back yard to double check for tools and when he come back around they had left. I waved as they went by us and a few minutes later here comes the climber walking up the road. I already had a six man crew with two trucks so he had to ride home in the toolbox( chip beds were both full)image.jpg

A guy in the chip bed:laugh: reminds me of the time we were working in a backyard and there were 2 ground guys one was gonna start chipping brush so he fired up the chipper not knowing the other ground guy was taking his morning crap in the chip box, so i'm up in this tree looking out front over the house and see him start the chipper to warm it up and all of a sudden i see the other ground guy come flying outta the chip box with his pants around his ankles and tuck and roll as he hit the grass. I thought i was gonna die from laughing and everytime i thought about that day i would just bust out laughing :laugh:

Back