What's this Federal Airtight stove worth? I'm with no knowledge :)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Rigelson

Reaction score
Greetings, everyone!

I recently moved into a house and this baby was sitting in the fireplace. The chimney isn't in operating condition and I don't have the funds to get it fixed this winter, and this thing protrudes a bit and is kind of in a divisive spot in the room, so long story short I'm getting rid of it.

I know these aren't the best pictures, but I was hoping you kind folks would be able to tell me what I could potentially get for it (likely on Craigslist). There's a door on the left side (facing the stove) as well that didn't get pictured, and it has a spot to use a key to open it.

Any information would be great! Thanks a lot in advance.

IMG_3468_zps5c00pzgg.jpg
IMG_3469_zpsgpnvnd0k.jpg
IMG_3472_zpsie66sfkc.jpg
IMG_3473_zpswqgplomr.jpg
IMG_3474_zpslvynzaqp.jpg
IMG_3475_zpsgiv0p2qo.jpg

I saw one on eBay for $1500 but it was in very good condition. I am looking to sell one that was installed in my house in 1989, but has NEVER BEEN LIT so it's in pristine condition.

Legally, not being an EPA stove, it is scrap metal since the first of the year. On the other hand who knows what you can get for it?

Unless you get a new pass all the various regs stove, big buck$, it is the stove you have that is sorta installed.

Me personally in that situation, I would keep it and fix the chimney and use it.

You'd have to prove to me it's not legal. It is in my home, and I've not been 'busted' for it... ???
don't worry WoodTick007 is a **** to everyone...he ran out of bread for his ******** sandwiches long ago...
what he means is its illegal to sell the stove, or reinstall in your home if it was removed...once its removed, its technically illegal to use/sell...
but it dont mean jack ****...you can buy and sell old stoves all day long...who the hell is going to stop you?
the only way it would really effect you, is if you were to install it, a building inspector cant sign off on it, so it would have to be done without a permit, then if there were a fire, insurance would likely deny your claim, because it was illegal for you to install that stove...

I had the same stove, gave it away for free on Craigslist a couple years ago. Bought an englander nc-30 and never looked back.

Latest posts

Back