What's up with my saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the process of sorting out that saw, here is another thing you should check. That saw has a clamshell engine and the crankcase is held together by 4 bolts that go up from the bottom. Make sure these are tight as they have been known to get loose and cause serious air leaks.

Based on your original statement and the link you orovided im not sure that you ever got the saw running CORRECTLY. While you may have i didnt draw that conclusion from the info you provided. If you didnt then you still have the same problem you inherited. Just sayin

Jerry, all I concluded is that I got it running. After using it a few hours, I know it's not properly tuned. I ordered a carb adjustment screwdriver off eBay yesterday. A work in progress.

thanks for the info about the 4 bolts. Not sure I'll break down the engine hat far, but will keep in mind if I can't get it running properly.

The cut up zip tie pieces worked well as wedges in the screw holes.

Jerry, all I concluded is that I got it running. After using it a few hours, I know it's not properly tuned. I ordered a carb adjustment screwdriver off eBay yesterday. A work in progress.

thanks for the info about the 4 bolts. Not sure I'll break down the engine hat far, but will keep in mind if I can't get it running properly.

The cut up zip tie pieces worked well as wedges in the screw holes.

The 4 bolts are easy to get to. Just flip the saw over and you'll see them on the bottom.

I read that therer was a recall of the carbs on the early model Wild Thangs and that was the cause of hard starts. Is it easy to determine if my carb is original.
No limiters on the carb.

Latest posts

Back