Whats with the Smoke ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ngzcaz

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Or, I should say, the lack of it. Its only been 4 days since I fired up my 165 Shaver and I must say I cant understand it doesn't smoke more and I'm burning complete junk half rotten pine 10 to 14 inch rounds. Now its been awfully warm here in N.E. Pa. for the last couple days so that may be a factor and it may smoke like heck when it turns cold ( 2 days from now ) Only question is whether the pine tends to burn w/ less smoke than the hardwoods I'm saving ? If this is the way it burns all winter, I don't see anyone complaining about the smoke. Of course like Jack Palance said " the day ain't over yet "

:confused: :cheers:

They dont smoke much as long as you burn wood in them. The problems with smoke come from when people burn non-wood items in them.

Don't they have a secondary burn that eliminates most smoke (unburned carbons)?

KRS

Well.. I think most would like you to think they do, but in reality they aren't very efficient. Some new models ( I think CB and another one or two ) have better technology but most still sold by most manufacturers are old tech. But they still work and that's why people buy them. I'm hoping someone builds a retro kit for the older boilers. Lots of money to be made..

:cheers:

Well.. I think most would like you to think they do, but in reality they aren't very efficient. Some new models ( I think CB and another one or two ) have better technology but most still sold by most manufacturers are old tech. But they still work and that's why people buy them. I'm hoping someone builds a retro kit for the older boilers. Lots of money to be made..

:cheers:

Well I'm pretty good with a welder, so if have any ideas PM me.

Back