What's wrong with this company?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeclimber165

Member A.K.A Skwerl
Reaction score
I was flipping through the Yellow pages (again) today looking for ONE decent company to work for. Decent equipment, decent safety procedures, decent pay, decent employees, decent knowledge of trees. Tripped over this ad with a website address. How many things can you find wrong with this outfit? I could name 8 in the first minute!

http://www.atoptree.com/index.html

I believe this is an actual grade on some placement tests. "too high to score" That is of course in reference to how many safety as well as arboriculture problems are present at this company.

I remember running across that one! Too bad, they have a decent website. If they put half the work they did on that site into learning +promoting proper work and safety think how big they'd be:rolleyes: Just feeding the public view of us as a bunch of backwoods hicks.

this guy is local for me

When I lived in Maitland, they used to fuel up at the 7-11 at the end of my street. They did several jobs in my neighborhood, too.
They are but an example of the type of tree companies here in Orlando. The guy I'm working with now is better than most with safety and tree care, but no WC, everything is cash. (His certificate says he has WC, but only for himself and grunts, then he exempts himself)

pull out your phone books!

Can anyone else here 'top' this company with a company out of your local phone book? I know we had a thread here about a year ago listing several idiots that had been reported to ISA, but I was thinking of researching on a local level.

Re: pull out your phone books!

Can anyone else here 'top' this company with a company out of your local phone book? ]

There is someone here that has the statement :Registered with the Ministry of the Environment" which as near as we can figure means the guy has a run of the mill license to applt fertilizers and pesticides in Ontario. Creative advertising at its best.

And the a place I worked for stated "All our arborists are ISA quaified". The owner must must have been referring to me, myself and I, as far as I could see he was the ONLY one on staff.

Do qualified and Certified Mean the same? Or did he mean his people were qualified to be certified? :D

Was that for real?? It has been a long time since I laughed so hard. I don't think I saw any tree work. Looked like some kinda twisted Sexy Man Tree **** site. I always take off my shirt and oil up my body before I start shoving brush though a chipper. When I am busy doing that, I always take time to look away from the chipper and flex for the camera.

Who needs ear protection??

Had to , just in case the new people here haven't seen it:D Think McPeak is a lurker here at arboristsite?

1. Spikes do not hurt your tree if you have the right kind and someone who knows how to use them. Whoever invented bucket trucks probably started the rumor that spikes hurt your trees so they could eliminate the little man because they (the tree services that bought the trucks) had to make a killing in order to pay for the equipment.

LOL Thats my Favorite!!!!!! :D

Originally posted by Toddppm
oops http://www.cuttree4u.com/

So is that dead tree without a top on the home page one that he serviced?????

I suppose that is one way of ensuring you will be called back for a removal, just make sure your spikes have been used on some badlt diseased tree before you climb up to top the next one!:D

Back