What's wrong with this company?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I notice McPeak does Sodding too Maybe he will resod you Lawn at a reasonable price after he bombs it out with the top he just removed for you! :D

Originally posted by Jumper

So are they any sober climbers out there?????

I have been sober for over a year now. ????, things have sucked ever since. NO. It is great to finally be looking thru clear eyes again. Sometimes I get a real clear look at the ground when I am 30-40 feet up a really dead tree and wonder what the heck am I doin'! :eek:

This guy has class
This is not intended to offend anyone, he says but ...
You all are nothing but a bunch of drunks :D

Please, no more McPeak- it gives me nightmares! :D As for those other tree studs, nothing like putting the letter A at the beginning of your name to get a good spot in the listings. Not to mention the ghostbusters theme. :umpkin:

What's wrong

Cordwood is fuel and fuel is regulated by the Dept. of Weights and Measures. If he were in Pennsylvania and charging that much for cordwood he could be sent to jail if anyone turned him in for charging toooo much. So www.cuttrees4u.com should find out what VA and MD allow him to charge for a cord and reset his price before he gets hauled off to jail. This guy is either a bad joke or in serious trouble. If it were me I'd take that website down before the police come knocking at the door. It is not just the OSHA violations that would burn him, it is the price of his hand selected cordwood that could put him out of buisness. Just running that ad for firewood in PA would end his career here.

The government regulates how much you can charge for a product in PA? Seems to me the market would sort that one out. I must admit it was the first time I ever had seen wood sold in 6'x3'x16" measurements. Here it is either full cords 4x4x8 or 1/3 cords which are "runs" or face cords. The price did seem a bit steep but maybe he caters to the carriage trade who do not know any better!

Unfortunate reality

I have run across this site before...gotta love the ghostbusters theme:rolleyes:.....The sad truth about this is that this is a consumer based sight for potential clients and people that dont work in the business dont realize the safety hazards these guys cause. All they see is "Oh those guys have muscles and a crane! Thats who I want working on my trees!"

They remind me of an outfit i used to work for in iowa, They had the big crane bucket loader combo never any hardhats,ear protection and the main climber gaffed everything, overpruned everything and freeclimbed with gaffs. The most annoying thing was the finish cuts for "prune jobs" were flush to the tree, no bark collars, and I swear he made an extra effort to scar the trunk bark etc. with every cut. I quit after a week. Actually, it's from working with a string of companys like that that I decided to go solo, If a company was worth a ____ I'd work for them but I swore to myself if that's the best I can find, never again I don't want to be associated with them .

Originally posted by rbtree
how's this one:

http://seattletreeservice.com/DSC00238.JPG

"Hey, reach in a little more to clear that twig, why don't ya?"

Aw, it's a "whisper" chipper, my hearing will be fine?

"What's a brain bucket?"

Looks like the last company I worked for except the chipper table had been raised to eye level so all the debris occasionally got flicked back in your face.

Proably he has two glass eyes in any event so to hell with the hearing.

That company kinda frustrates some of us. The company is second generation family, close to 50 years in bus, owner is certified, plus employs another cert. arb. But they spur trees, lions tail, and do less than exemplary work, have poor safety practices, have good trucks but poor chippers and gear, and know little about current techniques or advanced rigging, etc. Even so, they get a lot of work.. It helps with that name... They treat their customers real well, just not the quality of workmanship of most good companies.

Some one else must have done the conifer thinning that I saw next to a customer's last evening, as there were no spur marks. But the trees had been overthinned and lionstailed, not horribly, tho. Knowing conifers, they will probably be fine.

Rog

I always thought that Seattle Tree Service was a little more respectable than that. It does show you what a name can get you. Thanks for the pictures.

Originally posted by Jumper
IMHO working with a portable scaffolding make hedge trimming a lot easier anyways.
Are there portable ones that are lighter than the the regular?

Last weekend I saw a hatracked and whacked tree at a house out in the country and guess how they did it? Scaffolding setup next to it!!!! One of those wish I had my camera moments!!

The system I am familiar with was made by Black and Decker, nothing high tech, just two metal holders that held the uprights (2x4s) and the planks in place. The whole thing could be disassembled in about 30 secs and thrown back into the truck.

You probably can buy them or similar at Home Depot for eg

Back