Whats your best saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not possible with a 61 - totally different saw, even though bore and stroke is the same.....

I read an old thread that it is possible to beeeef up a husky 261 into a 262xp by replacing the piston with a 262xp piston. Replacing the clutch with a heavy duty clutch was also mentioned. I wonder if any one has actually done the above mentioned.

Most powerful/capable is hands down the 575xp

My favorite and most pleasant to run is my good ole' 55

Loudest and most fun is my little EMAB with no chain brake and a clutch that never disengages the chain. It's a little red chunk of pure danger but oh man does it cut! Did I mention theres also no kill switch and you have to choke it to shut it down?

I read an old thread that it is possible to beeeef up a husky 261 into a 262xp by replacing the piston with a 262xp piston. Replacing the clutch with a heavy duty clutch was also mentioned. I wonder if any one has actually done the above mentioned.

The muffler has to be changed or modded as well, and at least Spike60 has done it - he was the "code breaker"......:clap: :clap:

Most powerful/capable is hands down the 575xp

My favorite and most pleasant to run is my good ole' 55

Loudest and most fun is my little EMAB with no chain brake and a clutch that never disengages the chain. It's a little red chunk of pure danger but oh man does it cut! Did I mention theres also no kill switch and you have to choke it to shut it down?

Most powerful/capable is hands down in the ground the 575xp THE WORM KILLER
Its the heat that kills em or being badly brused by the worlds bluntest chain lol

attachment.php

I would have to say one of my MS660's..............Im glad I have more than one...............:) :) Wife even uses one of them......

Yes I have done it. Can't say how much it improved it because I never ran it as a 261. It would run when I got it and it needed a new piston bad, but I picked it up for a song.

I replaced the top end with the 262xp stuff, modded the muffler and put the 3 shoe clutch on it.

I have to say I really like it, maybe my favorite.

Last edited:
My best saw is whichever orange and white one I happen to be using at the time. Each one serves its purpose, like when I'm clearing small trees woven into a chain link fence, (major PITA) the 009 with a junk chain seems the best choice.
(I just added that because some folks are still learning to appreciate a cheap little saw that just won't quit,) :chainsaw: :popcorn: :greenchainsaw:
Other than that, a big one for big stuff, and little/medium ones for little stuff. Is that specific enough? Oh, I'm sure the 084 will impress with its sheer brute power, and the ms200 for being a ferocious little wood-eater ,and so on...

me love usin chainsaws :chainsawguy: :hmm3grin2orange:

Yes I have done it. Can't say how much it improved it because I never ran it as a 261. It would run when I got it and it needed a new piston bad, but I picked it up for a song.

I replaced the top end with the 262xp stuff, modded the muffler and put the 3 shoe clutch on it.

I have to say I really like it, maybe my favorite.

Did you have to replace the cylinder or will the original 261 cylinder work?
_________________:monkey:
Echo 500vl on the back burner

cut a whole trailerload today with my 361, I don't even think I filled up first awesome saw and not near as thirsty as my 038:)

My 660 is my favorite saw.... untill I have to run it all day.

Then I'm liking the 260 pro or even the 200T :)

That's a great mod!

I did that to my 261 after I cooked the original cylinder! With the help and support of everyone on this site I put the 262 jug and piston on - richened up the carb a bit and that thing really howls now. I didn't do the clutch replacement however but I don't notice any falloff in performance with the origina 261 clutch.
Al :clap: :clap:

Latest posts

Back