What's your favorite $50 tool?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Santa

Surefire G2 with extra batteries

Metric tap and die set

Take Care

I've got to second you on these tow items. I have an E2L and an E1L. The E1 is in my pocket w/ me everyday. I like that I can clip it onto my hat brim. I keep the EL2 in the truck. My wife keeps a EL1 in her purse. As Mr. T says, I pity the poor fool who gets blinded by her w/ that light... Hopefully they have enough sense to back down before they're introduced to the crenelated bezel.

Metric Taps and Dies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sign me up for the Huot metric master dispenser!!!!!!!

I use these all the time; Costco had them for $30 a couple of years ago.:clap:

Corona 32" Hi-Performance Vine/Orchard Loppers
Item # AL 8461
Only $56.95 (at Bailey's)
Qty:
In Stock
Shipping Weight 3.30 lbs.

The superior blade design of this lopper "pulls" material into the cutting zone, dramatically reducing the force required to cut. They feature high-strength, replaceable, bolt-on elliptical aluminum handles. The resharpenable, replaceable, Radial Arc, blades are made of fully heat treated forged steel. Forged slant-ground hook with self-cleaning deep sap groove.

A Set of Wiha brand Hex or Torx metric T Handle wrenches, are real handy
Metric Nut drivers
Ratcheting Wrenches

Here is a Klein knife my dad gave me. He has carried this one with a rosewood handle foor at least 25 years.

attachment.php

Everytime I pull it out I think of him.

Only 30 bucks or so. I suggest a nice Porter or Stout sixpack to make it an even $50..:)

I've got to second you on these tow items. I have an E2L and an E1L. The E1 is in my pocket w/ me everyday. I like that I can clip it onto my hat brim. I keep the EL2 in the truck. My wife keeps a EL1 in her purse. As Mr. T says, I pity the poor fool who gets blinded by her w/ that light... Hopefully they have enough sense to back down before they're introduced to the crenelated bezel.

Metric Taps and Dies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sign me up for the Huot metric master dispenser!!!!!!!

third on the Surefire, I carry the L2 everyday at work and it is the perfect flashlight IMO, the size of a AA Maglite with the low and high output options. You would need to combine 3-4 of those $50 tools but worth every cent.

As for the OP, my Husky tooltote($39 on sale at HD right now) it carries all my d2d tools and makes for very easy access.

Thanks guys, there are a lot of great ideas here - so many that now the hard part is picking a favorite.

And all this input is serving another purpose: my wife & I have to buy "Secret Santa" gifts for my two BILs - and this list has got some really cool stuff they never would have thought of!

:cheers:

In a word, Dremel.
I have several and use them frequently. Wouldn't be without one.
Low end kits start in the $40-$50 range and go up from there.

My Dad just retired so he will be in the shop alot. I bought him a pair of Hobart preformed welding gloves $29.95. Seemed like alot but he really likes them. $ left over for compression tester too(on my list).

->THIS<- Would have to be at the top of the $50.00 list for working on saws.

A pair of ->THESE<- are just about as handy as a pocket on a shirt for moving firewood rounds around... the logs are ten times easier to move when they all have handles on them. ;)

A Hookaroon like ->THIS<- one, or ->THIS<- one, is a pretty darn useful tool to have around as well for grabbing rounds out of the back of the truck/trailer or just dragging them over to the splitter without getting up.

I'll second the ->MINGO<- firewood marker, makes for a nice straight woodpile and really speeds things along. Maybe get a few extra wheels if you need to get it up to $50.00.

Back