What's your knife mines a gerber 97223

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like an idiot I had this in my pocket when I tried to get into the Timberwolves game. Had to hike back to the car to leave it there as I wasn't about to throw it away.
Went to get copy of accident report at City County Bldg. 4 times through metal detector then told me to remove my belt. Pants fell to my ankles so I just walked back through with pants still around my ankles.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

This isn't a pocket knife, but I'm heading up to my farm in WV to hunt Monday and Tuesday, and it's my favorite belt knife. Back in the 70's I was fueling up my Dads chipper truck. One of the mechanics new I was a hunter and he came out and asked if I'd give him 10 bucks for it. I said all I have for the rest of the week is 10, will you take 5. He laughed and said yes. He said a customer had to get his car inspected and needed 5 bucks. The inspection was six, and the customer found 4 quarters on the floor and needed 5. The mechanic was trying to make 5 on the side for himself. I've managed to keep it all theses years. I did loose the little one once, and went back in the woods and found it. It's an Edgemark, Soligen, Eastern Germany, Joe.

Spyderco Endura 4.

I love it. Great steel, takes a while to put an edge on but man does it get sharp and stay that wayView attachment 536692. I'm on my second one now, lost the first one about a year ago. Before the Spyderco it was a Kershaw Leek:)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The Kershaw leek is probably one of the best values out there. Made in USA, with good steel. What's not to love...

Leatherman surge black lazer engraved Schlak daddy of 6 now il need a new 1 saying 7 yeah it refers to the kids

My carry is a kershaw 1670BLK, I found it embedded in a gravel road, though it would be junk it was so full of compacted dirt,, came out a 9 out of 10.
Also have an assortment of puma, gerber, leatherman, swiss army, couple custom made.total of about 30, have always had a knife in my pocket.
BBB

Old Chinese Buck Knife. I hate to say anything good about it. Doesn't walk, or talk for damn, but keeps a fairly decent edge for a great while.

20161202_092525.jpg

Old Chinese Buck Knife. I hate to say anything good about it. Doesn't walk, or talk for damn, but keeps a fairly decent edge for a great while.

View attachment 540736

I have something like that in the drawer, imported also. For being a cheap knife, fit and finish is pretty decent and does have a decent edge on it.

I carry a Kershaw Scallion all the time, what a GREAT knife!

standard.jpg

As for hunting knives, (I'm sure I have more than 50) here's three of my most favorite hunting knives, I bought them in the 70's,

standard.jpg

They are Gerber "custom series" knives, too bad Gerber doesn't still make knives like they "use to" and all made in the USA too!! Anyway as you can see, the middle one has been used the most. Those three knives have gut/skinned brown and black bears, moose, white and black tailed deer, caribou, sheep and many other big and small game animals! I used the middle one to gut two whitetails this season, they are truly fantastic knives!!

After having said that! I did buy a Mora Kansbol the other day,
12634.jpg

It's a decent knife, bit it did need a blade touch up when it got here!

SR

I've got so many. I kinda collect knives so.
I've got some Shrade, Victorinox Swiss Army, Buck, Gerber, Rapala, and few machetes and some hand made ones too.
Here's a few...
View attachment 539889
You would have liked the USMC I picked up for a friend. I was going to a farm auction that listed an engraved 1899 Savage and a 1919 Savage NRA Match Rifle 22. He looked at the listing and said get me the USMC. I didn't even notice it. It's WWII vintage, probably not issued, it's in such nice shape. Got it for $80, my friend was well pleased. I got both of the Savages, and was also well pleased, Joe.

Marine5068, is there a model number on the black handle Rapala? It matches my 9" fillet knife, and I've never seen one like yours. I'd like to get one to go with my fillet, Joe.

Back